Favorite Books!!

Reaction score
Its amazing how much you can tell from a persons favorite read, so i want to know...

1) What is your favorite book, or books
2) Why?

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The Godfather - Mario Puzo.

&

All the old Conan books
The Raven Series, 'Dawnthief' etc. - James Barclay.
All Of Julian May's Books, 'Saga Of The Exiles' et al.
Some Tom Clancy, not all.
Stephen Donaldson's 'Chronicles of Thomas Covenant' series.
Tom Sharpe Novels, 'Wilt' etc.
Roger Zelazny 'Damnation Alley' 'Lord Of Light' & others.
I finally got round to reading The Hobbit, will shortly start Lord Of The Rings. Couldn't get into it in the past, now, after reading The Hobbit, looking forward to the rest of it :)
Have read all of James Herbert's books, but they seem a little twee now if I look at them again.

Right now, have almost finished Ben Elton's 'Dead Famous' and I've read loads of one-off's.

I'm assuming tech manuals & magazines don't count? :D

And the reason why? Cos I enjoy them, I suppose. Often prefer books to films, imagination is more powerful than moving images.

And I like to to get lost in a good read :)

Reaction score
I'm not much of a book reader, but I really enjoyed The Berkut by Joseph Heywood.

I usually just read newspapers (4 on saturdays) and magazines and such.

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy and all the sequels (the trilogy of five) simply because they make so much sense and have some of the best descriptive language around. :D

Reaction score
I have to agree with Krikkit about the HHGTTG series, excelent books indeed.

I'm also into the old cyberpunk novels, like the classic Neuromancer by William Gibson, excelent!

I also love the little known book "A Staggering Work of Heartbreaking Genius" by Dave Eggers simply for its honest charm, although the ending could have been much better.

Reaction score
The Belgariad series of books by David Eddings.
He writes excellent fantasy books and creates very vivid characters and situations. You can really picture everything in your mind, and feel like you know each of the characters inside-out.

Reaction score
I'd have to say that my favorite book is by far one that was never made.. Curious George and the High Voltage Electric Fence :)

Reaction score
Brave New World - the similarities between soma in the book and ecstasy in the last decade or two are frightening. The ideas, far from becoming dated since the book was written are more powerful than ever. Highly recommended read.

More recent book: Jennifer Government. Look it up. Excellent!

Reaction score
The Belgariad is my favorite also, and the sequel to it, I think its called the Mallorean or somethin like that. His other series the Elenium/Tamuli wasn't as good though.

Reaction score
My favorite book would have to be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul on Tough Stuff.. Yeah Im into that stuff and I guess that doesnt really say much but........

TTYL
PsychoGurl

Reaction score
The Legend
By the great British Fantasy writer David Gemmell

Read it, you'll love it

Reaction score
I am not much of a reader but I read this book called the code of the samuri and it is realy good. It has some realy good content one could use it when the are searching for advice or have questions on life.

here is the url for it http://books.thepricesearch.com/details/0804815356

Author: Yuzan Daidoji, A.L. Sadler, Daidoji Yuzan, February, 1988
Manufacturer: Charles E Tuttle Co
ISBN: 0804815356
Rating: 4 out of 5

Reaction score
babygirl_t16 said:
I love anything written by James Patterson
or John Grisham.

Me too, I have all but two of Grisham's releases and severalo Patterson novels. Have you seen the film adaptation of The Runaway Jury yet? i haven't, but am really looking forward to seeing it... should be out to rent on dvd soon! Also, if you like those guys you might like to try reading a Scott Turow book, I recently finished one and it was really good, very Grisham in style.

I also really like Catch 22 by Joseph Heller, a great book- funny and intelligent in equal parts, and Hitchikers Guide is brilliant too.

Ask a Question