Fanless quad-core ‘brick’ computer runs Linux Mint

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The 4th generation of miniature fanless PCs from Compulab and the folk behind Linux Mint is... (drumroll) MintBox Mini 2 (MBM2)!
Processing power comes from a quad-core Apollo Lake Celeron J3455, and MBM2 is supplied with the Mint 19 ‘Tara’ Cinnamon installed.

Read more here: Minty Brick

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
https://betanews.com/2018/06/27/linux-mintbox-mini-2-tara/

If you are interested in purchasing the standard MintBox Mini 2, you can order it here for $299. The "Pro" variant can be had here for $349. Compulab will give 5 percent of sales to the Linux Mint team. Both models are expected to begin shipping mid-July.

If you aren't sure which MintBox Mini 2 to buy, I'll make it easy for you -- get the Pro. For only $50 more, you are doubling the memory and getting almost twice the storage. You will be glad you spent the extra money.

Certainly looks neat. I 'd pop MX-17 or Endless OS if I were to buy one. :cool:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I wonder how much these cost? The Mint website says $299 USD, but I wonder if that's going to parity with good old Stirling pounds?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I wonder how much these cost? The Mint website says $299 USD, but I wonder if that's going to parity with good old Stirling pounds?

FWIW my experience of American prices is that if it costs $299 in the USA it will cost £299 in blighty.

Things are very definitely cheaper across the pond.

Might be even more expensive here soon when Brexit starts to bite.

Ask a Question