embed?

D

Dean

I have inherited someone else's (who is gone) EXCEL file to augment. He had a few buttons for macros way off to the right (and out of the way) on a worksheet. However, when I do print preview, the buttons move to the left (and stay there) where no one wants them. First, I noticed that, when I get near these buttons, I see the crosshairs, which suggests they are in some sort of edit mode, even though the worksheet is protected. But I brought out the control box toolbar and turned off the edit mode. But the problem still recurs. Also, I noticed (while in edit mode) that these buttons seem to have an embed function with them. Perhaps that is why they move when I do a print preview, though I can't imagine the rationale!

The way I do macro buttons (from the drawing toolbar) and assign macros, it doesn't seem to be a problem, But for these old ones I've inherited, it does. I assume it is related to that embed function. How do I stop this from happening?

Thanks!
Dean

D

Dave Peterson

D

Dean

Wow, I had no clue I had stumbled on a bug. I used the manual fix of move
and size and it seems to work.

Thanks,
Dean

Ask a Question