Earthquake Fund

Reaction score
Hi,

I am sure you all are all aware of the disaster which has happened in Asia and I am sure you are all, as I am, shocked and horrified by it. I urge anyone who has not donated any money to do so. There are many ways for you to able to donate and below are a few links which will help you and will give you more information.

http://www.redcross.org/
http://www.unicef.org/
http://www.americares.org/
http://www.oxfam.org.uk/

If u want to donate directly to the fund, you can do that here

http://www.dec.org.uk/

Also I have heard that UK mobile phone users can donate £1.50 to the fund by sending a blank text message to 83321. £1.50 will be debited from your calling credit or charged to your mobile phone bill.

I have donated £20 but obviously you can donate as much as you can. It will make you feel better knowing you have done something and it will help a lot of people.

Please keep this post clean as I have had horrible things said on other forums about this subject.

Bye

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You know what, I never, ever give to charities. The extent of my charity contributions is running the UD Cancer research program on my computers (for which I pay a higher electricity bill) and donating stuff to charity shops.

But.

Geezer came round the pub New Year's Eve (OK'ed by the guvnor as genuine) waving a bucket so I slung a fiver in. Believe me when I say that's unusual for me.

But such is the horror of this disaster and the needs of the people, I was moved to make a contribution, albeit a small one.

If people are giving you a hard time on other forums for raising this subject then imo they are immature, heartless idiots full of their own self-importance and probably suffering from insecurity. The twats.

Nah, glad you posted, this is one of those (thankfully) rare occasions when everybody should maybe cough up a little.

Kye

Reaction score
My dad use too be a european truck driver. Once he was carrying aid for refugees. When he got too where he had too go, he said that all the refugees were behind this big fence, and the goverments army took the clothes and that off him and it was taken away for the military instead.
That is why he never gives too charity. Other stories he heard from fellow drivers share the same experiences, while some dont, and have a good experience getting aid too people who really need it.

Charity-wise, i run F@H religiously, and rarely donate money, and if i do it is not much. If you pay your tax, then you are contributing anyway in what the goverment gives. I would dearly love too help more, but donating my PC is all i can personally see as the best option, without giving my money too uncertainty, or volunteering.

I do support all charities and what they do, im just cynical when it comes too charity.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't give to beggars on the street (or class that as charity), but in cases like this I do feel compelled to donate something. Thanks for those links darkangel, now that I am back from holiday I can make a contribution to it.

Reaction score
Hello,

i think dat everybody should at least donate £1 to the devastating news regarding the terrible Tsunami incident. I would also like to add, that i hate all the **Nasty People** who don't pay, because they are APPARENTLY beggers on the streets.

You wouldn't like it if you was in there shoes and being treated differently, only because they live on the STREETS.

im sorry if i hav may offended you...

lots of love SNOOPY

DONATE NOW :mad:

XXX

Abusive language is not tolerated, though do not let this think that your opinions are not. Thank-you

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hello, AGAIN,

I am very sorry for the inappropriate outburst a minute ago, because im an indian as well. :(

Thank u

XXX

Reaction score
Total amount raised by the British alone for the Tsunami emergency appeal expected to exceed £100,000,000 -One Hundred Million Pounds.

:cool: That is amazing.

Theres a donation pot at college, as soon as i have some change i'll drop it in there.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Snoopy said:
You wouldn't like it if you was in there shoes and being treated differently, only because they live on the STREETS.
I think we have our wires crossed here, when I said beggars living on streets, I am referring to the people who live on the streets in the UK who I see coming up with very interesting stories in the day and lying drunk on street corners at night in town centers. This might sound harsh, as I am sure there are genuine cases, but with more needy causes like the Tsunami and Sudan I'm sure money is better spent there.

Reaction score
Nice to have brang this subject up on pcreview.co.uk

As said it is quite simply an 'Unprecedented natural disaster!'

its very sad and very upsetting to think of the life lost, generations have been wiped out, families friends and obliterated by the power of the seas. And now the BIGGEST humanitarian aid in history is needed. To lead the way we have the UN, also providing support are various organisations, charities not to even mention the countries that are providing aid. Even the most poorest countires in the world are helping in some sort of manner, This itself speaks for itself.

It will take years to rebuild the lives of those people who survived, the infrastruces in some countires have been wiped out. The power of the destruction is devastating across many countries. The biggest fear is that their maywell be another destructive earthquake on its way in the region.I beleive such an Earthquake would cause the most greatest peril man kind will have ever seen. I sincererly hope this does not happen.

I was outraged at all the individuals in the UK, that are stealing money from the funds donated, these people are low life scum, they should be filled with guilt commiting such a petulant crime.

And as for certain individuals in the UK that are on the streets begging for money, they should have been touched by the torture, power and destructing of nature. And rearlise that they are so very lucky to be taking residence in one of the biggest economies in the world, allbeit even in the streets.
You do hear stories about some of these beggars, they are there to earn money to pay for their drug taking habits. and as studies will tell you a problem with drugs relates to an interlation with crime.

So if you are funding these beggars on the street, watch your backs. STOP, Do not bother with these people. Turn your attention 5,000 or so miles away to south east Asia,
this is where your generous, kindhearted and prosperous wishes will be vastly appreaciated.

Reaction score
Happy to see a good response

I just have some more info on the mobile text messaging donations.

Text
"DONATE" to 83321
and £1.50 will be donated to the Appeal.
All money donated to DEC with no charges or VAT applied.

Sorry for any in convince caused as I did not say this in the original post

Bye

Ask a Question