Do you/Have you, abused your computer?

Do you/Have you, abused your computer?

• Yes … with physical violence

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Yes … with verbal abuse

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Yes … it’s on 24/7 and I won’t give it a rest.

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • I’ve been tempted too

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • No way! … why hit a machine?

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • Huh!

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
This is a serious survey, please answer as honest as possible.

If physically violence was used … did you feel all the better for it, did you break it, does it now hate you?

Please leave your comments below ...

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I believe that the capability of the computer is directly related to the intelligence of the user. Computers require input to function, therefore output is dependent on the input. Garbage in, garbage out (GIGO), that is the philosophy I abide by :)

So next time if you need to hit the computer think about it, it may be YOU yourself who probably needs the spanking:D:D:D

Therefore, my answer should be obvious - "No way! … why hit a machine?"

Reaction score
Everytime I look at upgrades online and think "I may get that"... my computer throws a tantrum. I swear its self-aware... although to mis-behave when i`m looking at upgrades is gonna push me to buying them.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I am reminded of that scene from Fawlty Towers where Basil gives his car a good thrashing...

Pointless - but satisfying :D

But no, never thumped any computer - I paid too much for the damn thing. And, touch wood, haven't had many problems just lately.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Flops,

When it comes to British humour "Fawlty Towers" has to be on the top of the list. I bought the series in a boxed DVD set and from time to time when I am feeling low I put it on and I feel like my soul has been revitalised. :D:D:D

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear guys

After the long and painful wait to get this machine and the nightmares about how much money I had invested in not 1 but 2 machines...no way! Seriously, I have never been tempted in many years of useage. A bit like my approach to life really - violence is not the way to go. I am a peaceful kind of girl.

Gabriella x

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
When me comp was misbehaving once, and woud not help me what so ever, i opened the CD/RW drive and the CD Rom drive and stamped down on them both. They were both snapped and utterly useless, i felt 100% worse after it because i'd just realised i've just chucked £60-£80 down the drain!

I advise counting to 10 before you do summut silly like that, seriously.

Reaction score
Oh

Dear

God

Reefsmoka are you an endless source of cash then or did you just see red!?!?!?!?!?!?

Flops,

When it comes to British humour "Fawlty Towers" has to be on the top of the list. I bought the series in a boxed DVD set and from time to time when I am feeling low I put it on and I feel like my soul has been revitalised. :D:D:D
Fawlty towers is actually based on the running of a hotel that John Cleese etc etc stayed at when on location filming Monty Python - FACT

Reaction score
had to answer "Yes … with physical violence" to the above.

didn't want to lie, never harm her or anyone elses on purchase just have a habbit of knocking by cd-rom tray.

oops.

in frustration sometimes the mouse and keyboard get it, and also my base unit got a kick when england go beat by france then again when they got beat by portugal!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
I believe that the capability of the computer is directly related to the intelligence of the user. Computers require input to function, therefore output is dependent on the input. Garbage in, garbage out (GIGO), that is the philosophy I abide by :)
This has to be one of the best quotes this year :D

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Oh

Dear

God

Reefsmoka are you an endless source of cash then or did you just see red!?!?!?!?!?!?
Hell no, took me ages to save for a new writer ( i didnt bother with another cd rom drive :p). The funny thing was i missed about 3 times before, so that just made me madder. But i think my bro is worse, hes broke 2 keyboards, an optical mouse (microsoft wheelmouse), a pair of speakers, a PC desk, 3 microphones and snapped numerous pads, and he dont give a crap what time it is, he does this shit at around 3 in the morning sometimes =/ , when he was little he once snapped a Snes pad with his forehead becuase he lost on a game(and that aint even kidden).

Reaction score
Jesus...

Wouldn't want to get in an argument with him - if he was physically able to snap a nintendo controller in 2 with his H E A D!!!!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
My computer has been really good this week, I installed a network with a router on 3 PCs, and it actually worked without doing a thing... now that is a first for me!

(Just wish I could sort the speeds out :()

Reaction score
I've never physically attacked my computer. Verbally on occasion, never physically though. But.... I have in my time attacked my Nintendo system because the games had a tendency to stop midway through the most important spot of a level, smashed several sega genesis controllers, and used my old playstation for pistol practice. BUt no, never with my computer.

Reaction score
uhhh...i hit muh computer daily and wen i git muh new computer i'm throwin(muh old 1,not da new 1,hell nah,ain't gonna happen),any computer out therre it off a cliff, but wen i git muh new computer,ima wipe it down each day and mayb giv it a rest now and then

Reaction score
i already voted Yes … with physical violence but my keyborad and mouse get it evert night and last night i (please refrain from using profanity) my keyboard as the backspace botton nolonger works !

has it off to clean it and it not helped - lucky i ordered a new keyboard a few days ago and should be here soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
YES!! Mainly when i was at uni, never my own computer. I would invariably come in first thing in the morning to find that some grotty wretch had left enough dirt on the mouse mat that moving the mouse to the desired location was an act of futility. There fore, i would often be seen to smash the mouse repeatably into the desk out of shear frustration. Im not a morning person. Oh, and when i couldn't get my programs to work i could also be observed to poke the screen with my finger as if poking a rude man in the face.

The End.

Ask a Question