Display Control Panel disabled by administrator?

G

After setting up other users on XP Home addition I've lost the ability to change the wallpaper or screen saver on my normal user account, which has administrator privaledges (Even after deleting all the user accounts to start over). What seemed to be a simple activity to make my life easier has now got me leaving desparation requests. Can anyone enlightem me as to what I changed?

G

There is a setting in the registry that might apply. Run regedit. Find "NoChangingWallpaper". Double click on the key. Set the value to 0 (0=false, 1=true So if the value is 1, then you no can change the wallpaper). Good luck

----- T-Bone wrote: ----

After setting up other users on XP Home addition I've lost the ability to change the wallpaper or screen saver on my normal user account, which has administrator privaledges (Even after deleting all the user accounts to start over). What seemed to be a simple activity to make my life easier has now got me leaving desparation requests. Can anyone enlightem me as to what I changed?

Ask a Question