DIGITAL CAMERA

G

HAVE VIVITAR DIG. CAMERA AND WORKED GREAT WITH MY WINDOW ME COMPUTER. WORKED GREAT WITH MY WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL COMPUTER. JUST SET UP A NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS XP HOME AND CAN'T GET IT TO WORK. CAMERA SHOWS PC WHEN PLUGGED IN BUT NOTHING SHOWS UP IN MY COMPUTER. CAMERA DISK SAYS IT'S ONLY NEEDED FOR WINDOWS 98 BUT DOWNLOADED ANYWAY, AND STILL NOTHING. WITH XP PRO AS SOON AS I PLUGGED CAMERA IN IT STARTED DOWNLOADING PROCESS. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA'S, OR HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM ?

G

First problem is that your CAPS LOCK key is stuck on and digital cameras hate that along with us in this NG. After you fix that little issue check in your BIOS that USB is enabled

CT

G

----- ANTHONY76010 wrote: ----

HAVE VIVITAR DIG. CAMERA AND WORKED GREAT WITH MY WINDOW ME COMPUTER. WORKED GREAT WITH MY WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL COMPUTER. JUST SET UP A NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS XP HOME AND CAN'T GET IT TO WORK. CAMERA SHOWS PC WHEN PLUGGED IN BUT NOTHING SHOWS UP IN MY COMPUTER. CAMERA DISK SAYS IT'S ONLY NEEDED FOR WINDOWS 98 BUT DOWNLOADED ANYWAY, AND STILL NOTHING. WITH XP PRO AS SOON AS I PLUGGED CAMERA IN IT STARTED DOWNLOADING PROCESS. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA'S, OR HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM ?
Yes, I also have a vivitar camera, 3746, and XP does not recongnize it either. It did work back in September when I first got it, but doesn't anymore. I am also having troulble with my USB ports working, and the installation of new hardware wizard continues to pop up and want to install new hardware repeatedly..

Ask a Question