Digital Camera £80-£100

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Two of my friends, girls, are after digital cameras for between £80 and £100 (this is pretty strict as out of student loan) to take photos when out drinking, round the city, at uni etc etc.

Needs to be easy to use - take good quality photos probably in low light conditions too and generally be a good camera.

I quite like the look of the Kodak C533 and have heard good things about kodak, but haven't really looked around that much as am no expert with point and shoot cameras.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be a good buy in this price bracket?

Many Thanks

Chris

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
A friend of mine's daughter just bought a Kodak camera for about £200.00, it's good.

You can get this for £85.00 with a free 256Mb memory card.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The Nikon that flopp's has a link too looks good Chris...

Just don't send your friends here to get there photo's developed....:lol:

fookingphoto.jpg

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
I've had a Nikon Coolpix 7.1MP digital camera since February this year, and it's nothing but outstanding. The Night mode is fantastic and will capture a dusk sky just like a daytime one, with automatic lighting compensation.

The Nikon Coolpix L4 that floppybootstomp recommended is a slightly different model, but there's a detailed review here.
For cameras, digital or analogue, I always find Canons & Nikons to be the best, but that's just my experience of mine and mates' cameras.

Edit: And the free 256MB memory card is a good offer, seeing as the overall price is only £85.

Reaction score
If the budget could be stretched to £107, would the Canon Powershot A530 be a much better camera for the money?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Looks like a good camera.

Is this the best you can get for around the £80-100 mark then?

Dunno. But if you're talking about the Nikon I linked to, that's what I'd go for, definitely.

Your choice (or rather, her choice).

christopher_cambridge said:
If the budget could be stretched to £107, would the Canon Powershot A530 be a much better camera for the money?

Possibly, but imo not much in it. And besides, you'd have to buy a memory card which would take price to about £120.00-ish.

You asked, and, in my opinion and a coupla others as well, Nikon with 256Mb card for £85.00 is a good deal.

Your call :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
And as a bonus it looks like this Nikon has dropped in price to £78.99 and still includes the free 256mb SD card...Bargin..:thumb:

Reaction score
The Canon is also in the free memory card deal - but if the L4 is the one to go for, then i shall reccomed that one :)

Thanks guys

Ask a Question