Data recovery needed

Reaction score
Hello, Can some one please tell me if there is a way to recover data from a burned CD? I sucessfully burned 300 photos onto a rewritable CD. Then after I went back to add 7 more, I tried to look at all the photos but the disk was showing only the new 7 photos! :confused: Yet it still showed there was 360.MB of space taken up. :confused: How can that be? Is there a way to get my pictures back or have I lost them? :( Somebody please help. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.:)
Earpster

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think there is probably a way to get the data back, but it would be very difficult to do this yourself if you are sure that the data is lost. Did you close the disk "session" when you burned the CD?

You may have to contact Disklabs or another data recovery company to get a quote if the data is important to you.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Never use CD-RW disks for 'sensitive' data, always use CD-R ... you may find your pics have been overwritten. :(

Try BadCopy it has a good reputation.

:thumb:

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
what sort of drive are you using to read the disk?
It can be read in both the DVD Rom drive and the Compact Disk rewritable [52x32x52x] drive if that is what you mean. You have to forgive me, but I'm not very knowledgable about this stuff, I'm reading this off the tower.
Earpster

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Never use CD-RW disks for 'sensitive' data, always use CD-R ... you may find your pics have been overwritten. :(

Try BadCopy it has a good reputation.

Thank you Muckshifter! I tried the evaluation version of BadCopy and it recovered all of the data! Unfortunately, I can't afford to buy it right now but at least I know that the data CAN be recovered when I get the money to buy the program. Thank you very much for your information. You saved my butt!
Earpster

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Earpster said:
Thank you Muckshifter! I tried the evaluation version of BadCopy and it recovered all of the data! Unfortunately, I can't afford to buy it right now but at least I know that the data CAN be recovered when I get the money to buy the program. Thank you very much for your information. You saved my butt!
Earpster
You're welcome ... now burn them to a CD-R and just to be on the safe side do it twice. :D

Reaction score
I may well be a bit late, but www.Disklabs.com can indeed recover from CD and DVD Disks. I know that they have a machine which can even get scratched disks working.

Simon

Ask a Question