Creating a Website

Reaction score
Hi, I have been asked to set up a website for some people and i know how to make it all. I use marcromedia but what i need help on is actually getting it on to the internet. Does anyone know anything about this and do they know any sites where i can get a free website address??

Thanks

Reaction score
did it onece u need an ftp programe....cant remember the name off the top of my head. u just got to copy over all the html files and pics etc over on to the server.

now looking for a free website address? okay i remember a couple again from top of my head these include , tripod, moonfruit, geocities...... something like that........

but EVEN better buy ur own domain name, but only if this is serious website.

sorry couldnt help u any further

Reaction score
WS_FTP_Pro is what i use to upolad (can cost, not much)

When you say you use Macromedia, do you meen "Dreamweaver", if so what eddition? (MX 2004 is the one i use)

Reaction score
Yes i use MX 2004

I have found websites where i can register a domain for free but it is keep on asking me for my old website address but i don't have one. Thw only way for me to get the domain i want is to put an old website address in it so has anyone got an old address i can use to get me past this??

I know this is a bit weird but carn't blame i guy for trying

Reaction score
Right i am having a few problems. I have been able to get a .tk domain and that is all sorted but i am having trouble with getting some webspace.

My ideal solution is a site which offers free webspace, lets me use my domain to get to it, lets me uload files from my computer cos i am using macromedia dreamweaver to make the actuall site and i just need space to put it somewhere. Also i would like one with no pop-ups's.

Any ideas??? Does a site like this excist???

Thanks for your help so far, keep it comming!!!!

Reaction score
Well... I just got what you are looking for!

I just got a free website, cPanel, Email addresses, 50MB space, 500MB Bandwith, CGI, and a whole lot more!

all from... Chris Imrie!.. Try giving him a PM, see if he will give you a site!

Anyways i have PM'd you KGB-911, i can offer you the following,

50Mb Space
500Mb In/Out Traffic to the space (increased if heavy traffic is expected)
A subdomain, e.g. (yournamehere.mta-uk.com) used to access your space and FTP

If anyone else requires space, give me a shout or PM me, i can give you the same deal for FREE.

Regards,

Chris

KGB

Reaction score
I don't know whether you can use your own domain, but you can always set your domain to redirect to the sub domain of mta-uk.com!

Reaction score
Yeah just PM me and i'll sort you out with some space, you can use your own domain name, just tell me and ill set it up.

Chris

Reaction score
Just PM him and the offer he has sounds too good to be true but it sounds like it is!!

Thanks to everyone

Reaction score
No probs on my half... This offer is not too good to be true (at least for me it is not!)

the site he gave me is www.san-andreas.mta-uk.com

Please register on the forum, and have a look around - it is not all finnished yet!

Reaction score
If you have any comments about my site, please use the contact us page! (i know the contact "success" page needs updating, it says you have registered, just ignor it!)

Reaction score
Hey People,

Right darkangel.

I'll get something sorted for you tomorrow (24th) as im busy with some coursework tonight so i'd rather do it tomorrow evening when i have more time spare.

As then i can concentrate on it more.

As for the webhosting,

Please PM me the following information,

Full Name
Subdomain Choice (yourname.mta-uk.com) you can then foward the .tk to this
Your Email Address,

And i'll get back to you with some information to log in etc..

Regards,

Chris

Reaction score
Ah weyhey,

Just thought i'd announce my pc project is getting near completion now, my signature says it all, the spec for the pc. I will have another £600 free on xmas day which will get me a better gfx card and another 512meg of ram. and another 160gig drive!

What does everyone think of the spec?

Chris,

Reaction score
No DVD+RW:D

You are right, you need the extra RAM,

But apart from that, it looks god to me!

Reaction score
Hey,

A DVD+RW is on the checklist for next month, and i expect extra ram is needed, so ill also jot that down.

Waiting on the HDD and RAM as they are being shipped today.

Chris,

Reaction score
I see you're bored in the lesson then...

An yes that's what i am doing, i want to get the new LG DVD Rewriter.

Chris,

Reaction score
Just PM chris but now i need help with actually designing the website. I am using MX2004, dreamweaver but i do not know much on how to make my sites look good like pcreview.

Anyone know any tips or guides from yourselves or other websites on how to use dreamweaver.

Ask a Question