computer disappearing bit by bit

G

pieces of my computer are totally disappearing. In order to get to B drive I have to type it in run. D drive is competely gone. Microsoft works is almost completely gone, I can go thru my computer to get to it, but the only task it is able to do is resume. nothing else exists. (Ive done a search on my computer for these) The other day, I accidently unplugged the keyboard from the usb port, and now that port will not work. the other one works fine, but I have to take turns plugging in my keyboard and printer (can't have both at the same time) It happened slowly, not all at once. The only things I've added to my computer are a printer, adaware and spybot, other then that I'm to scared to downlaod anything. The copy and paste no longer work either. when you right click they are visible, but when you click on paste, nothing appears.

I'm running XP (of course

I updated from 98 over a year ago, but this problem just started about 6 months ag

Any clues on what I've done or how to fix it?

S

Steve C. Ray

Run a complete system scan with up to date antivirus software.

--
Steve C. Ray
Replace "mail" with "36db"
mary said:
pieces of my computer are totally disappearing. In order to get to B drive
I have to type it in run. D drive is competely gone. Microsoft works is
almost completely gone, I can go thru my computer to get to it, but the only
task it is able to do is resume. nothing else exists. (Ive done a search on
my computer for these) The other day, I accidently unplugged the keyboard
from the usb port, and now that port will not work. the other one works
fine, but I have to take turns plugging in my keyboard and printer (can't
have both at the same time) It happened slowly, not all at once. The only
things I've added to my computer are a printer, adaware and spybot, other
then that I'm to scared to downlaod anything. The copy and paste no longer
work either. when you right click they are visible, but when you click on
paste, nothing appears.

G

oh sorry I should have listed everything I've done. I have run a complete system scan, did system restore, defrag, anti virus scans, mcafee and norton, I have a firewall up, zonealarm, I was going to reinstall xp, but am unable to find the disc,and Ive checked device manager, there were no exclamation points.

Ask a Question