Command Regsvr32 is not recogized....

Susan

Perhaps someone here can tell me...and thanks in advance
for any info you might have...when trying to install new
programs..both from the net and disk....I get an error msg
that certain .dll's were not registered....then I run CMD,
and find that regsvr32 is not recognized as an internal
or external command,operable program or batch file. I am
wondering if during clean up of registry...auto...with Reg
Supreme this was inadvertantly ticked off...or I didn't
pay attention and got rid of it?...I so...can I re install
regsvr32 so that my .dll's will register?...
WinXP Home....I am the administrator...
Any Ideas?
Thanks...I await patiently..
Susan

Will Denny

Hi

Can you go to a command prompt and type

path

does the list include c:\windows\system32

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

| Perhaps someone here can tell me...and thanks in advance
| for any info you might have...when trying to install new
| programs..both from the net and disk....I get an error msg
| that certain .dll's were not registered....then I run CMD,
| and find that regsvr32 is not recognized as an internal
| or external command,operable program or batch file. I am
| wondering if during clean up of registry...auto...with Reg
| Supreme this was inadvertantly ticked off...or I didn't
| pay attention and got rid of it?...I so...can I re install
| regsvr32 so that my .dll's will register?...
| WinXP Home....I am the administrator...
| Any Ideas?
| Thanks...I await patiently..
| Susan

Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
help

I have the same problem, and I typed in path, and it said no path.
Will Denny said:
Hi

Can you go to a command prompt and type

path

does the list include c:\windows\system32

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"Susan" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| Perhaps someone here can tell me...and thanks in advance
| for any info you might have...when trying to install new
| programs..both from the net and disk....I get an error msg
| that certain .dll's were not registered....then I run CMD,
| and find that regsvr32 is not recognized as an internal
| or external command,operable program or batch file. I am
| wondering if during clean up of registry...auto...with Reg
| Supreme this was inadvertantly ticked off...or I didn't
| pay attention and got rid of it?...I so...can I re install
| regsvr32 so that my .dll's will register?...
| WinXP Home....I am the administrator...
| Any Ideas?
| Thanks...I await patiently..
| Susan

Joined
Feb 25, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Solution

THE SOLUTION :

That's a question been asked 4 years ago but with no reply that gives a clear solution.

I was having the same problem lately while installing FindeXer v1.1.0.3. It needed Microsoft C RunTime Libraries for Visual Studio 2005. I installed it in my laptop but whenever i executed the register.bat file the "dll registered" message never came. I reinstalled the libraries several times but it didn't worked. I opened up the .bat file and saw the command "regsvr32 FindExer.dll". I located the regsvr32.exe fie (it's in C:\WINDOWS\system32) and tried to run the command from command prompt. It gave me "regsvr32 is not recognised as an internal or external command". It worked in my desktop though.

Thanks Will Denny for mentioning the word "path". THAT'S THE SOLUTION - PATH. I'm into java for quiet some time now and i i know how to "set the path" in environment variables. I set the path to C:\WINDOWS\system32 (because that's where regsvr32 is located) and run the command again. It worked this time.

HERE'S WHAT ANYBODY HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM SHOULD DO -

1. Right click on MY COMPUTER and select PROPERTIES.
2. Select the ADVANCED tab.
3. Now select ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
4. In the "USER VARIABLES OF (your name)" frame click NEW
5. Enter "Path" in the VARIABLE NAME text box and "C:\WINDOWS\system32" in the VARIABLE VALUE text box(without the quotes).
6. Close COMMAND PROMPT if it's already running and restart it (Start>Accessories>Command Prompt).
7. Path has been set...now start registaring dll(s)