Can't double click to select all

G

Used to be able to double click in a window with a numerical value and it would highlight all, now it only highlights whichever side of the decimal I click on. Example: MS Works/Word, setting the page size, the little box shows 8.5" and when I double click in the window, it's supposed to highlight everything, now it only highligts the 8 or the 5, depending on where the cursor was when I double clicked. I suspect this may have been caused by an email I received from a Korean customer. I was required to download some characters or fonts to read the message, and the double click issue has happened ever since. There are also some weird fonts I can't seem to get rid of, but they're not bothering me too much.

Thanks for any help.

D

David Candy

I've not seen word do this before. If you click at the beginning of the edit box it will select the whole box. Watch the cursor to see where to click.

G

It's not just in Word, it's in all my applications. I use Corel Draw and there are many of these little "boxes" where I enter values, many of which contain a decimal. I have to resort to the technique of "swiping" across to highlight all, but double clicking is faster. Used to be able to, but now I can't....

----- David Candy wrote: -----

I've not seen word do this before. If you click at the beginning of the edit box it will select the whole box. Watch the cursor to see where to click.

Ask a Question