Canon EOS 20D anyone?

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used a EOS 20D? It's hust two months since it's release and I was wondering about it's popularity...

How about EOS 300D(Digital Rebel)? And Nikon D70?

Just curious...:D

Reaction score
used a 300D

its amazing, each jpeg is about 5 meg - 6.6mega pixel. uncle has one, proper class.

Reaction score
Today I went to Canon's. I get the 300D pack with 18-55 Lens for 952 Euros. I will need a good Macro, though, which is about 500 euros. But I can't probably afford it now. *sniffs and weeps softly*

Hehe. Well, you can't have it all can you?

*Turns up the music, QUEEN* I want it all, eyyeah, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now...

BTW: Queen, Elton John and Chris DeBurgh are published freely in Iran, among many others like Nirvana for example... Funny, huh?

Reaction score
Forget the 300D. The build quality is rubbish for the money. It's plastic and feels lightweight. You can get a D70 with and 18-70mm lens from Jessops for £799. Beautiful little camera, although I'm torn between that and the EOS 20D at the mo (although that is £1150). For the money get the Nikon...the lens is superb. I reckon I'll be going for one myself. Hope this helps, fella.

Reaction score
i used a 20D recently, pure class. But it is double the price of the 300D which already is a good camera! hope you have fun with it :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I am waiting for the next model from Nikon in D70/D100 class camera, and finally replace my trusted Nikon 801s film camera and go fully digital. I have had a good time with my Coolpix and now feel that Digital SLR is what I should get. I must admit I still prefer my film camera to the digital one, but the new breed should be good enough as a final replacement.

Reaction score
The only complain I've got about the 300D is it's whitebalance. It could be a lot better. And the playback time, although perhaps my CFs are too slow... Yet, I think it's a great value for it's money. Even JPEG outa the camera have a superb quality. I got an extralens 75-300mm USM for 260 Euros. I'm loving the camera. You can get decent prints, though larger than A3 the quality will suffer a bit.
Overall, I recommend the 300D highly...
BTW: The build quality isn't THAT rubbish. And have in mind that it's "only" the entry model. For an entry, it DOES rock as Chris said!

Reaction score
I've got an EOS 20D and I have to say it is DEFINITELY worth the money. This is a great camera, great features, easy to use but has enough features to easily please a professional that can't afford the EOS 1D. I highly reccomend it.

-Fnordiscordia

Reaction score
I got a d70 - there's a cashback at nikon uk - so cam (at jessops) is 750 - comes to 650 with the cashback (till end of april) - the d70s is arriving soon but likely to be a little more money (and no cashback) the feature set isn't much different from the d70

the standard 'kit' lens on the d70 is very sharp and really nice colours..

also compare against the new rebel (350d)

I guess the main factor is lenses - whether you prefer the range canon offers or the nikon stuff - is major factor when deciding :)

Sil

PS, not messed with this - is as the camera took it d70 / standard lens http://oneoddsock.co.uk/pics/leaf.jpg

Ask a Question