Subject: Cannot Download Latest Language Packs for Nero 6 and Nero Vision
From: "Gary L. Hunt" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 11/12/2003 10:04 AM Eastern Standard Time

Can anyone download from this site?
http://www.nero.com/en/sp_file.php?sp_file=eng

I have tried for days to get the first two files, English Language Packs
listed there. If anyone can download and has a high speed connection or an
alternate URL for these, I would love to get them.

Thanks. I am ursine IE under Win XP Pro but even Firebird will not download
them. I am using Earthlink DSL.

Gary Hunt
Just worked fine for me and I'm using that disgusting piece of sh** AOL.

Cheers,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***

Will Denny

Hi Gary

I've just tried those downloads - all downloaded, but the file for NeroVision Express 2 took a few minutes to start. Have you tried the Nero ftp site:

ftp://ftp.nero.com - then the Languages folder.

Gary L. Hunt

Will,

When I clicked and even pasted your link into IE, it will not open the
folder and a message says the server name cannot be resolved. How can I
overcome this?

Gary Hunt
Hi Gary

I've just tried those downloads - all downloaded, but the file for
NeroVision Express 2 took a few minutes to start. Have you tried the Nero
ftp site:

ftp://ftp.nero.com - then the Languages folder.

Will Denny

Hi Gary

If you are getting the 'server name cannot be resolved' error message, you may have a DNS problem. Are you connecting to the Internet via a Proxy Server? If so passing it may help. You might like to check with your ISP to see if they have any DNS problems. Have you installed any kind of 'Internet Speed-up' program - they can sometimes interfere with the Hosts file.

Will Denny

Hi Gary

Try entering one of the following in Internet Explorer to see what happens:

ftp://62.93.193.20/
ftp://62.93.192.25/
ftp://62.93.192.26/

Gary L. Hunt

Will,

Thanks and I could connect and downloaded from the second link you posted.
What do you think I should do to resolve this problem?

Gary Hunt
Hi Gary

Try entering one of the following in Internet Explorer to see what happens:

ftp://62.93.193.20/
ftp://62.93.192.25/
ftp://62.93.192.26/

Will Denny

Hi Gary

I've found that these kind of errors can be hard to diagnose sometimes. It could be due to a setting on your PC or a temporary glitch with your ISP. You could try posting the 'resolving' problem in the microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web or microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie6.browser news groups - someone there should be able to help you more then I can, especially if they are using the same ISP as you are.

try specifying your isp's dns servers within your network connection settings....