Buy Mesh and regret it

Reaction score
Back in December of last year I made the fatal mistake of buying a notebook (Ultima 15” Powerview 3GHz) from Mesh of London NW2 and have regretted it ever since. The purchase has left an unhappy trail of poor merchandise and service that continues to this day, 17 weeks later.

The notebook had a fault which meant it powered-off at random and without warning from the first time I used it, and the technical advice I received from Mesh was unhelpful. The replacement notebook did exactly the same thing. Every time I wanted to contact Mesh using any of a plethora of telephone numbers they provided, it would take me, on average, about 2 days of regular and mind-numbing attempts to get through. And even then there would be a good chance that I would be referred to a different number. The day I had arranged for delivery of the replacement notebook I received a telephone call from them telling me that they would not now be delivering that day – despite the fact that I had to take a day off work to be available. The replacement notebook had a different version of XP, with the incorrect COA sticker, which I couldn’t register with Microsoft. And finally, despite having returned the faulty replacement notebook on March 1st (maybe I should have waited and returned it on the more appropriate April1st), and despite unfulfilled promises from Mesh, they have still not refunded me.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
They built good machines back in the early nineties and had a very good reputation for build quality and customer service....

It sounds like there services have fallen by the wayside over the years...keep hearing storys from people that have been left with a bad taste in there mouth after dealing with MESH...

Perhaps they need to get back to basics again...like a lot of other companys out there that used to have a good reputation, but have somewhat had it tarnished over the years....due to poor customer service.. this is always the first to go when a company decides to cost cut somewhere..but i think this should always be the last...but there you go..:(

Reaction score
Hi :)
I have started a thread called Mesh Computers https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1905260.php , if you are a Mesh Victim it may be worth reading, skip the first post which is just my boring rant, second post may provide some help, third post suggests how we may be able to stop Mesh behaving so badly.
For those Mesh Victims who do not already know, I have just found out there is a Home Authority Officer at the London Borough of Brent Trading Standards who compiles all the complaints about Mesh Computers from victims wherever they live. I would urge all Mesh Victims, past and present, to spend just a few minutes and let her know of your bad experiences of Mesh so that fewer people in the future will have to suffer in the way we have suffered.
Her details are :-
Name: Ms. Paula Anderson.
Phone: 020 8937 5555 for Brent Trading Standards Reception who will put you through to her.
Email: (e-mail address removed) with “F.A.O. Ms. Paula Anderson Re: Mesh Computers” as the title of your message.
Letter: F.A.O. Ms. Paula Anderson Re: Mesh Computers, Brent Trading Standards, Quality House, 249 Willesden Lane, Willesden, London, NW2 5JH.
Finally, if you are quick off the mark and intending to phone, please wait until Monday 11th July when Ms. Anderson returns from holiday.
Regards,
MeshVictim.

Together we can make a difference.

Reaction score
Just configure it

First of all, try to configure your dream machine on all the websites that have this functionality...
Try Evesham, Alienware, Mesh, whoever...
I tried evesham with the specs I wanted... 3,779.99
Alienware? Above the 4 grands barrier... and not any of the hardware I wanted, just the old 6800 ultras
Mesh? Everything I want for 2,218.45 inc VAT and delivery
Top specs mates!
asus a8sn-sli deluxe, athlon 64 x2 4800+, 2 geforce 7800 gtx, 2gb ddr ram etc. just name it
No, I am not working for Mesh, but think again before ordering.
IMHO, Mesh is by far the closest to DIY in matter of prices, without the hassle.
Of course, I guess if you buy a cheap basic machine from them, you will not have the same customer service.
Well it's just a guess, I might be wrong.

Reaction score
So designguru where does it say in their advertising that if you buy a "cheap" machine from them that you can expect crap service. Ridiculous comment.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The question is of customer service, not price

I should take anything said by designguru about Mesh Computers with a pinch of salt, as comments made in other threads about Mesh, point to this guy either working for this company or having close associations with them...

Reaction score
Hi Crazylegs.

If what you suggest is correct and I am sure it is, the impression given is one of a company that allows (or does not discourage) people employed by it to engage in whatever activity they see fit to defend the indefensible. I have suspected that it happens on all the forums where you hear about Mesh and it says a lot about the attitude to customers within that company (as does the comment by designguru).

I have a MESH computer which I purchased in 2001. All the things that I read of in current threads were happening then. Nothing has really changed in the last four years. Same poor communication and downright indifference to customer support needs when problems are not easily solved.

I have been out to their workshops on a number of occasions preferring to take my machine in a taxi than have it thrown about by couriers. I am sure this has avoided a lot of hassles on that score as described elsewhere and indeed, is exactly why I chose to do this.

The PC I bought is basically sound (although now bears little relation to the configuration as supplied by MESH). However, I am on my third motherboard as the first two went belly up. The second I had to pay for as machine was out of guarantee. Even then I later found that I was given some old guff about the mobo I wanted not running well with Win98 as opposed to the version of the mobo that they undoubtably wanted to get off their shelves when I was desperate to get my machine up and running again.

In 2001 MESH did not supply a full OEM version of the installed operating system making for hassles when early on in an attempt to 'solve' an issue, the response of support staff was that I needed to do a reinstallation of the operating system (seems to be the last item on the short 'helpdesk support' list at MESH). The encryption did not work and their solution was to return the machine so that they could reinstall the operating system for me. At that point, just weeks after purhcase, I had experienced enough and chose instead to buy my own retail copy of the operating system to gain independence from the MESH 'customer support' structures.

I cannot say if MESH are generally better or worse than others but what I can say is that my experience of their basic attitude to customers shows it to be woefully lacking and the support structures unable to cope in a reassuring way when things go wrong.

I have since purchased a laptop and it was NOT a MESH. If and when I purchase another desktop, if it were to be a MESH I would purchase in the full knowledge that I can now diagnose most issues myself and that I would not need to engage with their dilatory and generally unhelpful attitude to their customers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think it's grossly unfair to blame MESH for your problems with their pc's.
MESH (Allegedly) operate at a constant level, unfortunately at a poor level:
Poor builds, delvery, software & hardware support and customer support/service.
Not a lot you can say thats good, except they seem not to like people complaining!
Complain and you hit a wall of silence.
Can't someome get them on TV on one of the consumer programmes?

Once they were a good company,small, everything in house & the cared about their customers and wre happy with the loyal customers they had, which they got for making decent pc's, however those days are gone.

I'm off to pc world for my next pc!!, sorry

Reaction score
Sorry guys I have no time to reply today, too busy with my Meshine...
Will be back soon.
By the way, where are gone all the pages of this thread? There used to be about 12 or more!
And no, I am not working for Mesh, I am working for me! (see previous posts), well... actually I am working on upgrading all the f*****g drivers they (Mesh) didn't bother to install.
Now that I have installed all the proper drivers from the relevant manufacturers, this machine is twice fantastic as it was when I received it. But I still had to work on it.
Even rewriting drivers for them to work on x64...
Redecorated my Fujifilm camera drivers to x64 and it worked!
Did the same for my Epson printer and it does work, yes with ink levels as well!
I'm now working on the scanner driver, the last reluctant one, it won't take me more than a day.
I can't believe all these geeks are unable to rewrite the drivers for x64, it's just so easy!
Allo Mesh and others, can you hear me? I have many skills... Allo?
(subliminal message: hire-me for a 6 figures, hire-me...)
No I don't work for Mesh, if I was, their machines would run correctly instead of using all the out-of-date standard drivers from Micros**t... And I would have a Porsche instead of a BusPass... But I don't work for them, sorry.
Anyone with a driver problem on x64, feel free to ask me, I'll be happy to help.
Cheerio

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
crazyfool said:
I'm off to pc world for my next pc!!, sorry

Out of the frying pan.....

As for Mesh, I wouldn't go near them with an extremely long barge pole.

Reaction score
Yes, i admit i went to PC World recently with a family friend who wanted to buy from them.
PC's were ok, service was pc worlds normal ie slow. and then 3 sales-advisors arrive at once!
But at the end a decent(ish) PC bought, all for £599, At the end of the day they have improved the service they offer.

As someone who builds pc's for friends & family, i would have been hard pressed to have been able to build a pc with the spec that pc world offered for the price stated above. At the end of the day until an honest, decent pc builder comes along who thinks of the consumer/customer first we will all get shafted once in a while by a complete bar-steward in the pc industry, thats life, sadly!

But the more we talk and pass on what goes wrong & who r decent all helps us, and others.

Cheers
Crazyfool

Reaction score
Mesh strike again

I am a new Mesh customer and already my computer has gone wrong. The sound has stopped working. They're not interested in coming out to see it, even tho the computer is well in warranty. No apology, just rude and unhelpful support staff, and all while I'm lining their pockets further on an 0871 number.

They don't see to understand that if something goes wrong in warranty they should jump to to get it right. But by the looks of other posts, my experience is not at all uncommon. I'll avoid them like the plague next time around. Very unimpressed.

My advice to any prospective customers is simple - take your business elsewhere.

Reaction score
You have rescued a thread 3 years old.
If you want to look at the current view on mesh then click HERE

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I use Mesh to grow me sweet peas up.

happywave.gif

Ask a Question