Bargain Broadband

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That is a bargain! Whats the catch?

Is £17.99 / year after 12 months, but even so that is still cheap!

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
That is a bargain! Whats the catch?

Is £17.99 / year after 12 months, but even so that is still cheap!

I pay £25.99 for 3Mb with TV/Telephone all phone calls I pay £70.00 Mth in total, I find that brilliant, as my partner can use the Phone all day and does.

Reaction score
that is a good price many thanks

if only there were avaible in my area!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Tenner a month for a year, £18.00 a month after that.

One year minimum contract, I couldn't find details saying if you had to sign up for longer than that, so they can take advantage of higher price.

3Gb a month capped.

Not available in my area - yet the pillocks keep posting me stuff advertising Broadband.

If you don't plan on moving for a year, can put up with the cap and it's available in your area - that's a good price.

Reaction score
Floppsy
If they are posting leaflets to you via royal mail, then I assume that they won`t be long before it will reach your area, unless that of course you live in the country far from the maddening crowd.
;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
itsme said:
Floppsy
If they are posting leaflets to you via royal mail, then I assume that they won`t be long before it will reach your area, unless that of course you live in the country far from the maddening crowd.
;)

Far from it mate, I live in London, close to Kent border, in a densely populated urban area.

I've been with Zen about 27 months now, one of the best ISP's for Broadband if the surveys can be believed, I'm certainly happy with them.

No capping, good service, 1Gb webspace, good helpline, dialup backup, great for online gaming, but - £25.00 a month.

And that's for 512 down, 256 up, so, to be honest, I'm shopping.

But I don't want to be tied to a year's contract, I may be moving soon, minimum contract with Zen is one month.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Not available in my area - yet the pillocks keep posting me stuff advertising Broadband.

If you don't plan on moving for a year, can put up with the cap and it's available in your area - that's a good price.

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!

"U can look but u cant touch!"

I hate that saying!

Reaction score
Zen and Eclipse are the two best Broadband ISPs.
I'm with Eclipse
I have Eclipse Flex Home Broadband - £17.99 a month and I then "Flex" up to 2 Mbps when I want to download large files.
Am delighted with their service and if I have a query I ring up and speak to a person immediately - who is fully experienced and has sorted out my problems quickly!
They also have a one month contract so if you're not pleased you can go elsehwhere.
I've know some friends who got tied into a "good deal" at a cheap price with other ISPs for a year but their connections were always going down & the service was rubbish.

See http://www.eclipse.net.uk/

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Welsh-lady said:
Zen and Eclipse are the two best Broadband ISPs.
I'm with Eclipse
I have Eclipse Flex Home Broadband - £17.99 a month and I then "Flex" up to 2 Mbps when I want to download large files.
Am delighted with their service and if I have a query I ring up and speak to a person immediately - who is fully experienced and has sorted out my problems quickly!
They also have a one month contract so if you're not pleased you can go elsehwhere.
I've know some friends who got tied into a "good deal" at a cheap price with other ISPs for a year but their connections were always going down & the service was rubbish.

See http://www.eclipse.net.uk/

Absolutely spot on :thumb:

That's really what I was trying to say, perhaps I should be less subtle ;)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Far from it mate, I live in London, close to Kent border, in a densely populated urban area.

I've been with Zen about 27 months now, one of the best ISP's for Broadband if the surveys can be believed, I'm certainly happy with them.

No capping, good service, 1Gb webspace, good helpline, dialup backup, great for online gaming, but - £25.00 a month.

And that's for 512 down, 256 up, so, to be honest, I'm shopping.

But I don't want to be tied to a year's contract, I may be moving soon, minimum contract with Zen is one month.

Floppsy.
I am really surprised that, being in a highly populated area you cannot acquire NTL; maybe it is because of the local council? A council can stop certain services as in the case of NTL they have to put the cables underground, and need permission from the local council to do so, and you know what RED tape councils and governments are capable of dishing out, so I am sorry you can not obtain IMHO a brilliant service.
On the point of contract [if you could acquire NTL that is] if you talk to them and ask for a home visit they would consider individual circumstances as I have a friend who signed a two month contract [minimum] and decided to stay with them.;)

Reaction score
PlusNet are great, been with them for nearly 2 years now. Currenly paying £9.81 for 2Mb unlimited broadband.

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I had to move ... with that, I lost any access to NTL ... I am at the mercy of BT. :mad:

BT do not have any "shops", you have to use a phone box ... the phone # is not advertised anywhere, a kind person at The Link told me to dial 151 from a call box ... I could not get "free" equipment because I could not purchase on-line :rolleyes: ... had to pay £25 ... it took 5 days before an "engineer" could call and re-connect the phone line ... it took 7 days to get the "Welcome Package", which contained two sets of conflicting instructions and two different CDs. err, then we had another fault ... and had to wait 48hours for an engineer to "fix" the exchange fault.

I am now in the process of talking to a representative from BTYahoo who has made one mistake ... he ask if everything was everything ok :rolleyes: (silly sod) I'm now on hold to "faults" to see about 'compensation' ... :D

I miss my NTL. :blush:

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Just ordered:

Premier 4Mb
Unlimited Use
30:1 (lower than usual) contention
Free migration

£29.99 p/m

Why have you gone for the 4Mb when it's not available yet?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Because, we have 2Mb at the moment, and until 4mb comes out, they will give you 2Mb, then upgrade you.

If i was to order 2Mb and upgrade to 4Mb when it comes out, i would have to pay the speed uprate cost, about £15.

I hope a 30:1 contention makes a difference :)

Reaction score
Yes, it's £15 to upgrade but you'll be paying £8 more per month until it arrives. It would be cheaper to start on 2Mb and then pay the £15 to upgrade later.

Incidentally, who did you put down as your referrer?

Last edited:

Ask a Question