Windows XP Blue Screen Of Death....

Reaction score
Ive just built a new system.
DFI LanPart Ultra II B
Barton XP2500 (CPU tempp is 35c Full Load)
1G TwinX Corasir 3200 Pro 2x512
Zalman HSF
Ti200 GFX (from my old system)
Q Tec 350W Power Surply (from my old system)

Im getting a crash to "System Has Halted Please contact your vendor". Its not happening all the time. My sysyem ran from 6pm NewYears Eve to 10pm NewYears Day and did not crash. I was running Prime95/Sandra Burn in/ 3DMark 01 ran for 3 hours no problem. Also played online Enemy Territory for 2 hours.
Then last night while watching a DVD it crashes. Rebooted and ran 3D mark 01 and it crashed half way through. Checked temps and they were fine (34c). I clocked the CPU down to 100 FSB and ran Prime95 last night. This morning it had crashed. It has also crashed just browsing the net. Also after i had booted from XP CD to use recovery options to format a new HD. (That HD is not connected at the mo). This is now driving me nuts.
All i can think of is a dodgy or underpowerd power surply but maybe you guys can think of other things.
Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
the prob with BSOD's is it could be anything, couple of things to try, first remove all non essential periphs, just leave keyb, mouse and monitor, remove all back ground progs and services and see if it still does it. also try updating firmware and device drivers. it's poss a prob a graphics, i've noticed a couple of issues in the past with this card causing crashes.

J

Ask a Question