Bill Gates...

Reaction score
Has enyone ever thought that if Bill gates was not born, this forum would not excist!

Evan if his parents waited 1 seccond, it would not excist, bill would not have beed born

No one ever has any problems with apple's it is allways windows things that go wrong!!

Sorry all for this post!

KGB

Reaction score
KGB it could have been worse... just imagine if Mr and Mrs Gates had twins! wow ... or even Quadruplets .. just imagine how messed up the computer world would have been!... lol .. we should be thankfull there was just one! :)

Reaction score
KGB.... talking about Mr Gates and his Infamous internet explorer could you help me fit the actuall screen so that this website fits the screen if you know what i mean..lol

well i have to scroll sideways to read all the text as it dosent all fit into the window.... it dosent seem to do this at any other website..

My settings maybe?
I could probobly sort it if i had a fiddle around... just thought you might know a solution of the top of your head?... if not it dosent matter i can fiddle with it later.. i was just so happy at getting XP up and running... gee that was a story (Nitemare would more accurattly describe it)... but well worth it..:)

Reaction score
Ahh Ha!..
Ive sorted it!

Of course it was the screen resolution 800x600.. after the setup i forgot to change it to 1024x768 again..... now its changed it is fine

The monitor now makes a quiet slight high pitched whine in this mode its an IPC 19" CRT.. windows sorted out the driver for it... i might see if there is a dedicated XP one..

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Bill Gates is a warm, wonderful, perfect human being who represents all that is good about private enterprise and he has never, ever, played a dirty trick in his life and nor has he ever stolen an idea in his life, they are scurrilous rumours.

We all love Bill :eek:

Hang on, where's that truth serum.....

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I think he a good dude, maybe a little geeky looking, but your all jelous of his money pit ;).

If it wasnt for windows, we would all be using linux and mac os :| !

I thank ya Billy , gj!

Last edited:
Reaction score
lol flopps.. i dont know about warm and wonderfull but Bill does have a nice smile i suppose..:)

well he does if you edit it in adobe photoshop! :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
I think he a good dude, maybe a little geeky looking, but your all jelous of his money pit ;).

If it wasnt for windows, we walled all be using linux and mac os :| !

I thank ya Billy , gj!
I'm jealous of anybody's money, never mind Billy Boy Gates' Worldwide Stash.

But.

At least I got a clean conscience.

Unlike Mr Gates.

And maybe if we were all using Linux it would be a good thing.

Maybe.

Reaction score
Bill Gates has to be admired. He has tens of billions of pounds of personal fortune which he has built up himself from nothing. I just graduated in comp sci and i hate those freakin nerds that go on about how much they hate Gates just cause they think thats what they "should say". End rant! :p

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Spooky Mouse said:
The monitor now makes a quiet slight high pitched whine in this mode its an IPC 19" CRT.. windows sorted out the driver for it... i might see if there is a dedicated XP one..
Thats not good! Try changing the refresh rate in the display setup to around 85Hz ish :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Thats not good! Try changing the refresh rate in the display setup to around 85Hz ish :)
Thanks Ian.. ive checked the settings now and it seems that 85Hz has been selected allready allthough the whineing seems to have stopped now.... just waiting for the explosion..lol

It wasn't on long nor was it loud i think it was just a moany old monitor.. :) getting used to new system settings..

Although thanks for the advice about the refresh rate.

Reaction score
Spooks, have fun with XP!

Everyone: If Bill was not born, a lot of companys would not be here, most stuff only works with windows. ie. Pentium, Intel, AMD, Chick, Pinnacle, Crucial. The list is endless....

KGB

Reaction score
the world would fall apart without windows.

for about 2hrs 34mins until receptionists figured out how to type a letter in open office!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
I have never used linux, so i wouldn't know...
Linux has its own charm, you'll never know until you use it! ;)

Try dual booting Linux on a P4 3.0Ghz machine, with Linux installed it will give you a feel of P8 6.0Ghz :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
KGB-911,

By the way, you have 'TOO' many mistakes in your sig :D

Reaction score
As previously mentioned, i do admire bill gates, but i do worry about the power he has. What would happen if he just thought, ah, sod it, im not gonna bother making any more products. EEEK! (as spooky mouse might say).

Ask a Question