Best place to get dig photos developed

Reaction score
Forgive the basic question, but I have not yet had digital photos developed. What would people recommend as the best option? Online or by taking a CD to a store? Which online developer?

Thanks.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Actually the question is not as "basic" as you think ... I never thought of getting my digital photos "developed"

My wife is the photographer in the family and has always used her (yep she has her own) computer to process her pictures. Annette has become quite apt at this process. It does help to have an exceptional high level "Photo Printer" as she does and also insists on using the best quality "Photo Paper" however, she has never, nor I for that mater, thought of using a professional service. You may have started something here. :D

Not to despair though for "Quad" (our resident expert on photography) I'm sure will have an answer to your question that is when he gets out of bed. ;)

Mucks.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Originally posted by ben2504
Forgive the basic question, but I have not yet had digital photos developed. What would people recommend as the best option? Online or by taking a CD to a store? Which online developer?

Thanks.

I have no reason to disagree what what Muckshifter has stated in his message except the part where he says that I still need to get out of bed!:p

Computer is an extention for the digital camera and one buys a digital camera to be able to utilise the capabilities of what the computer can offer in terms of storage/archiving, web publishing, manipulating, printing and e-mailing. Digital camera is one step closer to sending photos by email by simply transfering the image via the computer. The prints from a traditional film camera are scanned before they can be transferred via e-mail.

From what I understand is that you have a digital camera and want to print out the pictures you have taken. Correct me if I am wrong in my assumption. Normally, digital pictures can easily be printed on a bubblejet/inkjet printer by using the special photo paper available from the market. Normal paper is seldom used for this purpose. However, if you need perfection in color/cropping you will need to use some sort of software (usually bundled with the camera) or a more sophisticated software like Photoshop from Adobe. If you have a printer which can print in color you may try printing it on ordinary paper first and see the results. Ideally a photo quality printer and special photo paper is what you need to print the digital images.

I am not aware of services being rendered but I assume that if you have high resolution images on a CD you can specify the size you require and can possibly get them printed by one of the express shops you go to regularly. Do check with them about what their requirement is before you embark on this project.

I usually print digital images at home if I need to and if I require larger prints, I use the traditional film camera.

Please do let me know if you need further assistance in this regard.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Sorry Quad ... I was refering to the Time Difference. :bow:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just an observation from moi :)

Considering the likely high cost of 'developing' digital prints, which would have to done from images burnt to a CD or by leaving the loaded camera with the processing people, would it not make more sense to purchase a reasonably priced Inkjet printer and a pack of glossy paper?

It'd pay for itself in a relatively short term.

Which model Camera you using there ben? And did any software come with it?

Reaction score
If money's not an issue, the easiest way would be to send the pics to Kodak or something. It's really easy if you're using XP.

Ask a Question