Best Graphics

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm looking to "push" my 9800 graphics card, although not the latest and greatest - it should still pack a punch.

What would you say has the best graphics so far? I've seen Doom III and I was very impressed, can anything best that for graphics?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'd say Far Cry is as good - if not better - a test as Doom 3.

See how far you can up settings in Far Cry, you'll soon realise your card's limitations.

I have a 9800 Pro, I had Doom 3 on 1024 x 768 and in just a couple of places during the game, it stuttered. It was fine on 800 x 600. Older games, however, run fine on 1600 x 1200.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Doom 3 on max detail will need a better PC to play it than Far Cry with max settings.

They are both tests that will tear your graphics card apart though, I play Far Cry with all details high, Anti-Analisingx4 and a 1024x768x32 res setting and I play without a single stutter. It looks awsome, when you shoot someone the bullet-hole will stay there, which is kinda kool. Also the water in Far Cry is the best ive ever seen in my life, looks like ya can jump right in ;).

My card has an artic cooler on it and its oc'd a little (380core-340mem Stock - 402-355 me).

But Half Life 2 is out Tuesaday (16th November) ;).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I'd say Far Cry is as good - if not better - a test as Doom 3.

See how far you can up settings in Far Cry, you'll soon realise your card's limitations.

I have a 9800 Pro, I had Doom 3 on 1024 x 768 and in just a couple of places during the game, it stuttered. It was fine on 800 x 600. Older games, however, run fine on 1600 x 1200.
I can run FarCry on Max detail at 1024x768 and its runs great - apart from one or two places in the game where it was just a bit too much. I've got it at almost max detail and it looks really good - I forgot how much I liked this game until you reminded me! Thats my night wasted ;) (I've still not finished it yet!)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I have to say Doom 3, even though i play a high detail on my less than good computer. it just looks awesome.

Reaction score
Doom 3 / Half Life 2 / Everquest 2 all on Highest detail give relativly same results, although i think Everquest 2's just top it, very system heavy though

Ask a Question