Battlefield V

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Looks like we'll be finding out more about the next Battlefield game later this month. The mind boggles how users figured this one out!

On May 23, we’ll find out where the next Battlefield is headed. The obsessive Easter egg hunters of Battlefield 1 figured it out by listening to water dripping from a pipe and realizing it was Morse code.

Like most Easter eggs and ARG hunts, this one took a long time to unwind. Battlefield 1 players had long noted the locked and blocked door in the basement of the Fort Vaux map, released in March 2017 as part of the They Shall Not Pass expansion, and schemed out ways to open it. Two days ago, they did — see the video above — realizing that the key to unlocking the door was breaking signs and flipping switches in a certain order, one that spells out “isolement,” which is French for “isolation.”...

...Apparently there is a dripping pipe overhead, and its drip-drops, in Morse code, spell out a URL: ea.com/neverbethesame. Going to that page gets you a date: May 23 is when we all find out the next Battlefield’s setting.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/10/17339148/battlefield-1-morse-code-bf5-never-be-the-same
https://www.ea.com/neverbethesame

Not long to find out more! :dance:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Bf Easter eggs are always great and very detailed! Credit to the devs. Did you ever see the Megaladon in BF4?

Here's a Jackfrags video showing you how to get the dog tag, he's done some previous vids for the other stuff too.

Megalodon vid:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Here's a Jackfrags video showing you how to get the dog tag,

Love the bit where he says "it's pretty easy", lol :lol:

Haha, nope I hadn't seen the Megalodon! Impressive!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Teaser:

Live reveal is this evening, 9pm our time.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I see the music from the Battlefield 1 trailer is sampled in that teaser. Well, it is rather good :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Some artwork for Battlefield V has been leaked...

battlefield_5_art_leak_1.png

As you can see, the attire is clearly reminiscent of US Paratrooper uniform in the [Second World] war, rigger pouches and all. The character is seen holding a Colt M1911, and what looks like an M1 Carbine, though the image is blurry enough that it’s hard to be sure.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/05/23/battlefield-5-main-art-leak-ww2/

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So, its WW2 and no premium, I'm interested! Not that I'll have time to play it mind you. :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Jackfrag's did a video here, if your interested. Goes into much more detail than the reveal did, not sure why they didn't mention this stuff themselves... lol DICE.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That's a really useful video :nod: The game looks great! :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Closed Alpha started today, I haz key. Will have a couple of games when I can.....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Never did finish Battlefield 4 and bought Battlefield 1 in a sale and just couldn't get on with it.

Looks like myself and the later Battlefield outings just don't get on so will be giving 5 a swerve methinks

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Looks good! Plus they always seem to have great music on Battlefield trailers :) Not long until it's out now...

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Forgot to ask... did you get to play the closed Alpha in the end @V_R? If so what did you think of it?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I had a couple of rounds, I think it'll be a great game tbh.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Not long now! That has come around quickly :)

From the video description: "In Nordlys, resist German occupation in Norway, sabotage behind enemy lines as an unlikely English soldier in Under No Flag, fight for a home you've never seen in Tirailleur, and in The Last Tiger (available in December) join the crew of a Tiger I as they question why they fight."

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Tell you what, if nothing else DICE can do two things very well.

Make awesome trailers and make awesome graphics.

Ask a Question