B&N e-book reader for less than £30

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
For a limited time, the e-book readers from Barnes & Noble have had their prices slashed - the Nook Simple Touch is now £29 (from £79) and the backlit Nook is £69 (was £109). Pretty big savings huh?!

"The E Ink tablets in particular aren’t half bad and, unlike Amazon’s Kindle equivalents, use the closest thing we have to a universal DRM system: Adobe’s copy-protection software. As such, the Nooks can take books bought not only through B&N but also from most rival online bookshops that support the ePub format. Apple’s iTunes is the notable exception.

B&N says the price cut to Raspberry Pi levels is for a “limited time only” in the UK, which might suggest the impending arrival of newer models if it hadn’t been claimed earlier this year that the company was thinking about quitting the e-book reader market altogether."
- The Register

Anyone tempted to get one? I think there might be quite a few people who were put off getting an e-book reader because of the price, but at £29 it will surely be very tempting! I've been using a Kindle for a few years now and would not revert back to paper books. Paper books still have their uses to me though - eg when photos are required, cookery books, etc. - but I was amazed at how well I took to the Kindle.

Reaction score
I was thinking of buying the Kindle fire HD.Thought I don`t think it is as good as a reader as the original Kindle.Quite what I am going to do with it I don`t know,I just like the thought of having one. Am I being geedy?
historian

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
No I don't think so, it depends on what you are going to use it for! If you are looking to use it mainly for reading, then a Kindle or a Kindle Paperwhite would be a good option. The Kindle Fire is a tablet and is not as comfortable for reading, but is useful as a browser.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ordered two from Argos at £29.99 and a couple of funky covers at £14.99. They had sold out so I will have to wait until the middle of next week to pick them up.Would have bought th eglo version but can not afford the extra £40.

:)

Ask a Question