Asus i-Panel Deluxe

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has one of these, but I understand that Asus are no longer producing them...don't know if they are to be updated or simply no longer produced.

If you have a relatively recent Asus mobo, the chances are it will support the i-Panel. What is an i-Panel?

It's a box that fits into a 5.25'' bay and connects to your Asus motherboard, providing various system status detection and displays:

Temperature
Voltage
Startup Diagnostics
System Working Frequency
System Fan Rotation Display

Plus various front panel connectivity:
(2) USB 1.1 Ports
(1) Serial Port
(3) Audio jacks
(1) IrDA sensor

I've just ordered one partly to keep an eye on CPU temperature without having to run Asus Probe in the background all the time, and partly to have a place that's more convenient to plug in my headphones...the USB points will also be useful for things like my digital camera etc...

The reason i mention the i-Panel is that they seem to be going fast but may still be available for around £18 (including VAT) from places like Scan and eBuyer...if anyone wants to snap up the last few. Might not be worth it as a single order, as delivery could push that up another £5 or so.

Anyway, if anyone has one, some feedback here might be useful...go on, tell me I've just wasted another £18 :crazy:

Ask a Question