Anything for £500-£575?

Reaction score
What about this instead,

eBuyer Quick Find: 114720

I just don't understand DDR-II at all, so am not sure what RAM is compatible with my previous specification.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
cImrie said:
Out of place? In what way?
I think he means spec wise compared to the higher quality CPU/Mobo/PSU etc.

The Asus board takes DDR2-533/667 or 800 memory, so that OCZ Ram will do you just fine, a nice balance between price and performance :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
It won't be the very best, you will have to spend more than that, but it will OC fine and certainly better than the Kingston Value :nod:

Reaction score
Oh i know it wont be the very best, to be honest i probably wont overclock it in the slightest, it's not for gaming anyway.

But i do on occasions play CounterStrike, in which that graphics card will be plenty.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ady beat me to it, but yeah that just what i mean. :)

Reaction score
eBuyer Quick Find: 123113

Is that another decent Power Supply, not sure whether the 430w will handle the machine, any ideas?

Addition:

Well it should be a perfectly good system, like i may or may not put it on credit, undecided, it was just an option to spread the cost out, as i also have other things i am looking to get, i've already had credit from eBuyer which was paid off in full in their 6months buy now pay later.

So due to that, i now am classed as *trustworthy* and they've increased the limit by double, prompting this new purchase. Because although i like having this Intel 3GHz, it still doesn't seem to pack a punch when multi-tasking, it just simply locks up.

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Don't know much about Coolermaster PSU's to be honest Chris.

As regards 430W being enough - obviously a little more never did any harm, but with your spec having a single mid-range graphics card, I would think it would be fine.

I'm using a Seasonic 500W quite happily on an OC'd Quad with a ATi Radeon X1950XT.....

Ask a Question