Anyone recommend a good digital camera for £100 or less?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Looking at getting a new digital camera as our Kodak 7mp beast is starting to show its age, we've had it along time and its served us well but we want something a little better. Seen a nice looking Samsung WB150 in tesco earlier reduced from £170 down to £100 apparently. Also I keep seeing stuff about the Nikon S3300 on the TV and heard a few ad's on the radio, anyone know much about it? Definitely don't want to go above the £100 mark as what we need can be found within that budget.

Need a camera that doesn't need must fiddling about with settings, takes photo's fast and takes good quality photo's.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Take the Samsung. :)

You get more for your money than the Nicon.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wouldn't touch a Sammy camera as 2 friends both had Sammy's and both went faulty just after the 12 month warrantys were up, one had a power up problem which is a known fault with Sammys, and one had an image stabilisation problem that gave nothing but blurry pics and couldn't be repaired economically, so was thrown on the tip..

This any good to ya..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006U98I...de=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B006U98IDQ

Or maybe even this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nikon-COOLP...7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1352553534&sr=1-7

Or even this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-Power...8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1352553645&sr=1-8

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I would highly recommend the Panasonic camera crazylegs has posted a link to. I have personally used Panasonic and have recommended it to many who bought them and are very happy with their purchase. :dance:

Panasonic makes some of the best P&S cameras today. Five years ago Canon was sort of leading in the P&S range but not anymore, its Panasonic which has taken the lead. They consistently come out with great bang for the buck models. :thumb:

Let us know what you decide and if you need more info post your query or concerns. :nod:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'd go for the Panasonic in CL's first link. This based on my three daughters all owning similarly priced Panasonics for the last couple of years and being very pleased with them.

Oh, and the picture quality is good too :D

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Have always been a fan of Panasonic myself so I think Panasonic is what I'll get. Might wait for the sales now as well. Knowing me I'll buy one now for £100 and guaranteed it'll be half price or better in just over a months time! Cheers for putting me on the right track peeps.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I thought you would go for the Panny..Good choice! :thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Have always been a fan of Panasonic myself so I think Panasonic is what I'll get. Might wait for the sales now as well. Knowing me I'll buy one now for £100 and guaranteed it'll be half price or better in just over a months time! Cheers for putting me on the right track peeps.
Might be worth keeping an eye on Amazon.uk, because they begin their "Black Friday deals week" on 19th November (until 25th Nov.) Last year, some of the reductions were pretty good, but you have to be quick - details in this linky. (Not trying to promote Amazon of course, only giving a heads-up about their pre-Christmas sale. Other stores might well have better offers.) :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I ordered the one crazylegs recommended after doing some online research. going from 7mp to 16.1mp should make a noticeable difference I hope, the Kodaks been faithful, but useless indoors and is starting to crash and get slow. I also ordered the class 10 16gb memory card, an overkill but only cost less than a tenner.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Excellent choice, may you have many happy memories preserved with your new toy :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question