Anyone for headphones?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I was considering these pair of headphones for a long time to as upgrade for my Sennheiser HD580 Precision but never actually committed to it. While browsing for some electronics at Amazon these popped up out of nowhere and decided to take the plunge :D Now the only thing that is needed to really drive them nicely would be a nice tube headphone amplifier ;)

Attachments

• HD600_hires-4f6325f4e685f228193c8d264a765a9c.jpg
    HD600_hires-4f6325f4e685f228193c8d264a765a9c.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 207
Reaction score
Quad,

Excellent choice on the Sennheiser HD600 headphones. I own a pair of those myself. Pretty impressive headphones. As far as fit goes, they are like the HD580 - a bit of pressure, but since they have large soft earpads, you get used to it quickly. I found the sound to be pretty familiar, as I also upgraded from the HD580's. They can amaze you with how low they can sing, given a proper amount of drive.

I'm really missing out on these headphones right now, because I don't have an audio system at the moment. I just can't enjoy them plugged into my computer, because they are much too revealing of the shortcomings of such a setup. They really do need a decent amplifier to drive them properly.

Last edited:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
GK,

As mentioned in my post earlier I have shortlisted two ams to drive them. One is the obvious choice from Musical Fidelity in the X-Can V3 and the other is Cayin HA-1A, both unfortunately are not available in my area. I may be travelling soon so will consider picking one up after the demo.

I did not know you were into this hobby as well. I have been using the 580 for about 4-5 years and it is a very good headphone indeed, the 600 are a refinement in the right direction especially the carbon fibre frame and the newer diaphrams which according to many is a tad lighter making them sound better in terms of transients.

Will let you know what I decide ;)

Ask a Question