Any Joint Ops Players Here ???

Reaction score
I was curious to get the opinions of any Joint Operations : Typhoon Rising players here in these forums with regards to the release of the latest patch. After reading the novaworld forums it seems that half of them are furious with the release. They've taken the zoom of the sniper scope, the rocket laucher off the rifleman, lengthed the spawning time of helicopters, and loads of other stuff apparently.

Personally i play with my friend and i go as a medic and he goes as a sniper and we work together, he kills and i stitch him up. So the patch doesn't affect me much in that sense.

The only thing that bothers me is that for some reason they've turned friendly fire on by default on the majority of the servers. This is leading to a lot of teammates killing each other by complete mistake.

This is apparently to prepare players for the release of the expansion pack : Joint Operations Escalation, anyone planning to buy this also ?

I used to love to playing joint ops but this recent patch has marred my playing experience a little.

Reaction score
Hi mate, yeah i play in a squad called UKO.

To be honest there were a few good ideas, but the latest patch is poo, rifleman with no AT4...WTF! squad players on teamspeak can drop flares etc from choppers, but now if a noob gets in the co piolots seat and doesn't drop flares what can u do!! nowt!

my frame rate has got a bit worse as a result of the patch also.

All round it was a bad bad patch from nova and i have put my thoughts on the nova forums also, as well as about 4000 other players!

grrrrrrr, full on gash

Reaction score
Aye there seems to quite a large number of irate players voicing their opinions on the novaworld forums, but apparently it's to prepare people for the expansion pack coming out i can't honestly believe that.

Reaction score
JonnySpam said:
I was curious to get the opinions of any Joint Operations : Typhoon Rising players here in these forums with regards to the release of the latest patch. After reading the novaworld forums it seems that half of them are furious with the release. They've taken the zoom of the sniper scope, the rocket laucher off the rifleman, lengthed the spawning time of helicopters, and loads of other stuff apparently.

Personally i play with my friend and i go as a medic and he goes as a sniper and we work together, he kills and i stitch him up. So the patch doesn't affect me much in that sense.

The only thing that bothers me is that for some reason they've turned friendly fire on by default on the majority of the servers. This is leading to a lot of teammates killing each other by complete mistake.

This is apparently to prepare players for the release of the expansion pack : Joint Operations Escalation, anyone planning to buy this also ?

I used to love to playing joint ops but this recent patch has marred my playing experience a little.
Pitch in and help us here.. http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/JOTR_Refund

Nova really screwed up this time.. we need to be heard!
WTF is that good for now? seens new patch I havent play game at all.. INFACT I'm getting EA Games BFV my friend says that game is da bomb and has more stuff then nova ever did..

We'll as of new patch I'm not supporting nova !
every voice counts.. pleas fill petition and send link to your Joint ops friends..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just seen a first look video of Battlefield 2, i think there might be a new king in town arriving early 2005.

Reaction score
I play Joint Ops...still my fav game despite the recent "improvements" made to it.....anybody managed to get a voice comm thing going in it yet?

Reaction score
I use a voice conference over yahoo messenger with my friend when playing joint ops. Just got the 'Escalation' expansion pack also, actually gameplay sent it to me a week before the actual release so i was chuffed. But it's so much better, a whole barrel of proverbial fun and games.

Ask a Question