AMD XP 3200 & Heat

Reaction score
I just built a computer with the amd xp3200 cpu and it is operating at 1100 ghz.

But I have tried changing the FSB I have first set is to 133 Mhz and the Processor went up to AMD XP 1900, and then I have change it again to get it better that that I have set it up to 150 MHz it crashed, then I have reseted the BIOS and then tried 166 MHz then it when up to AMD XP 2500 which is very near.

Please could anyone tell me what I could do to set it running to AMD XP 3200.

I currently have from MSI KT6 Motherboard, and FX5700 Graphics Card, and 1 GB Memory.

The other problem I have is the heat. I currently have about 4 Fans and 1 CPU fans and the CPU temp is sometimes 70 degress and the system temp is 60 Degress. Is there anything I could do to put the lower the heat. I have one of the best heatsink.

Is there anyone to give any suggestions please?

Reaction score
AMD XP 3200+ should run circa 2.2Ghz!

anything higher than this is considered overclocking the chip, keep going on the way you are and your m/c will take off! (or just melt)

go to overclock.co.uk or consult a qualified techy as you seem to lack the technical expertise.

goodluck

J

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Please could anyone tell me what I could do to set it running to AMD XP 3200
... 11x200 would be your 2200/2.2Ghz XP3200 clock speed.

It is only a 2.2Ghz ... AMD gave it the name XP3200 'cos its as fast as an Intel 3.2 ... and even Intel cheat with the numbers. :rolleyes:

As for the 'overheating' ... what HSF are you using?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
As Mucks said.

If it doesn't auto-recognise in Bios, go into Bios and set it manually.

Doesn't the XP3200 run at 200fsb? I'm sure it does, but I can't afford one of those fine fine things :D

Also, I'm interested in knowing what 'one of the best' coolers are. Would be interested to find out what heatsink/fan combo you're using there Abdosharif :)

Reaction score
the front sind buss is 200x2 wich equals 400 ,
muckshifter is right the factory default is a muliplier of 11 but if you raise your v core to 1.85 ddr to 2.8v and your agp to 1.8 you be able to gain at max 3% increase in speed with a mutplier of 12 i suggest leavint the multi alone and openig up your fsb via bios or jummpers to 200 mhz x2 = 400 mhs it will be in spec then if you cant do it via bios update them from the the motherboard mfg if you have jummpers refer to your manual for the corect settings

Reaction score
I also have a XP3200+ and had a similar problem. If you set defaul setings the Proc will run at 1100. If you sellect the bios to the faster default setting, it will rin at 1388 which is the equivilant of a XP2500. Go in and set your Bios to 200X11, andyou should be OK.

I have another problem. It runs at 2200 fine, and temp sits around 59-60deg. But when i launch into web browser, I'm getting corruption,, and the web shows the HTML code. If I reload it recovers after a couple of attempts. If i slow down the proc to a 2500 its fine. I have Crutual DDR400 512 x 2 (Total 1Gb memory. Non Parity with CL3.....

Ask a Question