Aldi reveals an all-in-one turntable for just £30

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It seems that taking a step back in time is cheaper than ever!

Aldi reveals an all-in-one turntable for just £30

vintage_suitcase_turntable_2.jpg

The Aldi turntable will play records straight out of the box, thanks to built-in speakers and a USB connection for ripping your vinyl - just like its Lidl counterpart.

The suitcase design does at least set it apart from the Lidl turntable, albeit not from many of the other all-in-one turntables on the market (*cough* Crosley *cough*).

Supposedly designed for "music-mad friends and family", the player can handle records at 33, 45, and 78rpm.

Can't imagine that those speakers are up to much though...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
A thousand times yuk! :eek:

My advice would be to avoid at all costs, even if this piece of plastic doesn't chew your vinyl it will make your recordings sound like two cats fighting in a dustbin during a thunderstorm.

Destined for landfills all across this sceptred isle.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
In 1973 I found myself delivering smoked salmon all over London to posh restaurants, the Royal Opera House and little old Jewish ladies who lived in flats overlooking Hyde Park.

My travels took me to Syon Park over West London way and sometimes I would eat my sandwiches there. When I ate my sandwiches on a sunny day sometimes I'd use a portable record player similar to the one Urmas has linked to.

I recall favourite LP's at the time were Caravanserai - Santana; LA Woman - The Doors and The Yes Album - Yes. What a groovy little hippy I was.

All your record players are belong to us.

(They're ALL awful ;) )

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
In 1973 ( ... ... ... ) I'd use a portable record player similar to the one Urmas has linked to.

All your record players are belong to us.

(They're ALL awful ;) )

One Christmas, must've been 1971 or -72, my mom's younger sister gave me a similar-ish piece of... you know what. It was a Philips, but I can't find a picture of that model.

Maybe it is for the better. Because it was a truly and utterly horrible device.

A couple of years later I was a happy little camper with this one:

luxor_dirigent_5000.jpg

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
An amazing co-incidence.

I was walking past a shop today (I never normally go near shops :D) and what did I see in the window?

This........

Turntable.JPG

Almost identical to the Aldi one. But this was a second hand offering for £45.

I didn't buy it. :D

Ask a Question