Active Members

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I was wondering, how many active members are there here? I suppose at the forums.

Kye

Reaction score
there are alot of guests because most subjects covered on pcreview are found on google. i think there are around 25 active members that i have seen?

Reaction score
People drop in, make a post, get a reply. thank the person, and are never seen again...

Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
People drop in, make a post, get a reply. thank the person, and are never seen again...

yes well observed thats what most people do!

infact u will find that was what i originally did!
but as I was so very impressed by the peoples response here i decided to come here much more regulary!

learnt a lot here and its very great to be sharing the one thing we all have in common COMPUTERS AND TECHNOLOGY!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you stayed psd99 ;)

I think there are around 50 regulars (people who check back at least once every few days), thousands of lurkers and one-offs and then a couple of thousand who have registered for no apparent reason!

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Glad you stayed psd99 ;)

I think there are around 50 regulars (people who check back at least once every few days), thousands of lurkers and one-offs and then a couple of thousand who have registered for no apparent reason!

yes thanks!

and dont forget to mention those people who come here every hour or so!!
probably got nothing better to do with their lives !!! lol!

i dont get why some people would register but not post!!! big mystry!

Reaction score
Watch it PSD...;)

Yeah, this place is how i got into forums, the first i ever stayed at... i came here toa sk a question but stayed as the people here rule

Reaction score
i am curious as to people registering for no reason... i have that same "problem" all though, it is not much of a problem

Reaction score
Yeah,

I have noticed that too, people hang about as guests and registered members, although when you check their post count, they have made none.

I visit here regulary since Postill referred me, seems to be the main site he checks at college, hey postill :) " Oh by the way nice smooth drive out the college gates this afternoon :p "

Chris,

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
psd99 said:
and dont forget to mention those people who come here every hour or so!!
probably got nothing better to do with their lives !!! lol!
I login several times a day, I still have a hellova lot going on in my life ;)

i dont get why some people would register but not post!!! big mystry!
This is something I have observed on most forums not just here, some folks like to be well informed so they visit several sites in a day where they are members, there are many members here who visit this site on a very regular basis but have never posted a single message.

The only reason folks register is because one can keep track of new messages and not miss out on the activity on a particular forum. By being a member one can use the facility of thread subscription. Secondly, there are many vendors/suppliers and manufacturer's representatives who also keep track of things which are of interest to their employers. Top manufacturers also look for feedback from forums like these (where there is a lot of activity and many members, say 5000+).

What I stated in the foregoing paragraph is my personal observation based on regular visits to various forums since last 5-6 years.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
a bit off-topic from the thread... But has anyone been banned from PCR Ian?
There sure have been, about 10 I guess. Most of those have been spammers, but there have been a couple of very troublesome members ;)

Reaction score
I have been a registered member for a while now, but I have only made a couple posts. I check in almost every day, just to stay in touch and informed. Plus, what else do I have to do when I'm at work... just kidding!

This is one of the most informative sites I've visited, and one of only 3 or 4 that I actually took the time to register and, more importantly, that I check in on regularly...

thanks to everyone who keeps this site running...

Reaction score
Tullehprunesnoobens i believe he signed up as... He's also in my ICT class at college, along with imrie

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nope, he's not banned - can he not access the site?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That was just a warning, but not a ban - I think I remember something about copying CD's which would be a warning and then a ban.

Reaction score
ah i see...

Is there a period of inactivity for this site e.g. if you dont log on for x months, your account is deleted?

Ask a Question