Acer TaravelMate 290

Reaction score
A friend gave me this computer to fix for him, he told me what he thought his bios password was, he was wrong. Is there a way to reset the bios or just change the boot sequence without going into the bios? Any help would be apreacited.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Is this a desktop were talking about? if so Just reset the C-MOS on the motherboard, check out the Manual you'll find it.

Reaction score
You have to go through BIOS, get your friend to think of any possible things that could be his password.

Otherwise, you will have to call up acer.

KGB

Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
You have to go through BIOS, get your friend to think of any possible things that could be his password.

Otherwise, you will have to call up acer.

KGB

I was able to get Windows back on it. I just disconnected the hard drive and started the computer. When the cpu booted from the cd rom, i reconnected the hard drive and I was good to go. Probably not the safest way to do it, but it worked for me!

Reaction score
it cant have been the BIOS password, It cannot boot without that password typed in.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Isnt Bios passwords used to protect your bios from being changed by any one else...

Reaction score
BIOS password on all of my machines prevent the computer from being started at all.

Ask a Question