Acer refurbished notebook's

Reaction score
HI There

A read a review in a magazine last week which said that there is a company on the web called laptops-direct.co.uk - they said they sell Acer notebooks at really good prices - has anyone bought from them im worried about the quality??

Reaction score
I've used Acer notebooks in the past and they are resonably good, but I don't know anything about laptops direct.co.uk. I would suggest that a good test is to find the type of product that you want and check the laptops.co.uk price, then go to a site like pricerunner.com and see if you can find prices at other outlets. If laptop's price is significantly lower, I'd be a little suspicious and probably give them a ring to find out how they can offer things so cheaply.

It might be that they're a bit dodgy, or simply get 'grey goods' (cheaper, unauthorised imports from Europe and elsewhere) that they can charge less for but still make a profit.

Apart from that, double check the kind of warranties and service packages that laptops.co.uk offer.

If they are cutting prices they are cutting costs somewhere...you just need to find out where and how.

I hope that's helpful.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If laptops-direct.co.uk was mentioned in a magazine they have probably had experience with them before. If in doubt, ring the laptops-direct.co.uk hotline and ask a few questions. They do look like a reputable company as they clearly display phone numbers and have a large "About us" page.

Hope that helps!

GT1

Reaction score
If you look at their site (laptops-direct.co.uk), they're the official Acer UK factory outlet and I found a link to them from the Acer site itself. They do other manufacturer's stuff as well.

I bought a refurb'd Acer laptop from them a while ago and it arrived like new, fully boxed, with full warranty and no problems so far. I saved a lot on the new price and could have paid for an extended warranty (still might).

I'll keep the forum posted of any problems.

Bye for now.

Reaction score
Just under a month ago I bought an Acer 1705SCI, which is a laptop with a 17" screen - wow! What a piece of kit. I bought through a magazine - the company was laptops-direct. I saved over £300 and the product was as new. Thumbs up.:bow:

Reaction score
Acer notebooks laptops-direct.co.uk

Hi

I purchased an Acer 1306LC from laptops-direct its terrific , brand new quality - a great deal - well chuffed!!

:bow:

Ask a Question