Abit IS7-G Review

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
MBReview have yet another motherboard review for you. This time they're taking a look at a motherboard based on of the Intel i865PE chipset, the Abit IS7-G. This board offers up some serious performance, especially with the new "Game Accelerator" technology enabled. The design leaves much to be desired, but this board makes up for it in overclocking as well as performance. If you're not too concerned about the current Prescott support issue, and are looking to upgrade on the cheap, this could be exactly what you're looking for:

Abit’s “Game Accelerator” technology adds a wealth of value to the IS7 and IS7-G motherboards. Performance at stock settings truly wasn’t anything special at all. I was expecting to see the IS7-G put up some better numbers at stock settings, but I was a little disappointed to see it fall behind the D865PERL. When we kicked the IS7-G into “F1” mode, everything changed. The IS7-G then took complete control of the benchmarks and, in several cases, blew the rest of the competition out of the water.

Read the review here

Ask a Question