a good rpg game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
ok here is what i look for in a good rpg game.
-i want to be able to do what i want when i want like mabby train or go hunt.
-i also dont want to have to beat levels
-and i dont want to be able to beat it, like i want it to never end.
and it has to be rpg obviusly and a internet game. like TIBIA

so i want a game that is basicly like tibia but better graphics and i dont want to have to pay monthly.
so ya if abyone has any good games that i might like plz post who knows someone else might like it to lol. THX

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I cant really name any non-monthly subscription RPGs :/. Everquest 2 and City Of Heros are supposed to be the best online RPG's out there, but there definatly monthly subscription!

There are some good offline alternatives though, one of my favourtie is Dungeon Siege, its supposed to be over 100 hours long (im only about 20 hours in!), some good characters, stat building and weapon collection to do. Nice graphics aswell.

Theres also Diablo 2, Baldars Gate 2 and Marrowind: Elder Scrolls. (all offline im afraid).

But if you yourself find a good online RPG with no monthly subscription, please post it on here as i wouldnt mind one.

Reaction score
well if i am not mestaken i think that the new game "guild wars" is a online game that isnt a monthly fee. just a simple $49.99. but i dont knwo if it has quest and stuff like i want a game like tibia where i can run around and do what i want, but good graphics like thosos games you listed and it deffinitly has to be online.
o ps cant diablo be online.

Reaction score
A good game that goes on and on is Call Of Duty... though not the genre you are looking for...

Can be internet too...

Reaction score
I do think that by limiting your search to ones that you dont pay monthly for you are removing the perfect examples of what you seek.
The best rpg's are the big online ones. This is the perfect translation from pen and paper, this is what dungeons and dragons was destined to be. ( OK ill get down off my soap box )
But if you think that £10.00 a month is a lot to play a game consider it per hour or per minute and compare it with other activities.

Online gaming £10.00 - Average time spent per month = 2hrs a night and 8hrs for a weekend (Im being conservative here, my time is more like 4 a night and all weekend )
So about 72hrs a month = 0.14p an hour, or 0.0023p a minute.

Football Match - £20.00 a ticket ( Roughly give or take £10 depending on who your team is)?? = £10.00 and hour , or 17p a minute.

A night out (Assuming your 18+) - £60 - for 6hrs ? = £10 an hour , 17p a minute

All rough estimates I know, but online gaming for the time you can spend playing it is great value for money. And the choice at the moment is so good !

<Phelon trundles off to see if any of the big online games want him for PR work>

Sorry im old enough to remeber when roleplaying games were 10 of us sat in the dark round a table with a sheet of paper and a pencil.

All that said, NeverWinter Nights is good :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
like i am finding it hard to belive that tibia (if you knwo it) is the only game that you dont have to pay for and you can still play. So ya i want a game like tibia where i can hunt and train all i want for ever with out paying onless i want to pay and get a(premum acont) than i can. so ya i want a game like (tibia) but with better graphics like (warcraft)

Reaction score
the best rpg i think

The best ever rpg i have come across is runescape it is free also there is members 5$ a month but even free this is by far the best rpg ive played u can do waht u want when u want. at max ive seen over 150,000 people on at same time. now considering its a online game that is doing pretty good. wedsite is www.runescape.com if u start playing add me to your friends list username is bamper but down side is take about 10 min to get off totorial island. also better graphics then warcraft playstation 2 combined.

Reaction score
well the graphics arent the greatest, its 2d style, but you can play all you want as long as you want on the free server. Its called Kingdom of drakkar www.kingdomofdrakkar.com
If you wanna Pay to play later you can, but you cant bring a paying character back to a non pay status. So I would suggest that if you do pay to play, create another character.
I played it for almost 10 years, and I know several players who have been playing longer then that. They are constantly trying to upgrade and expand the game as much as possible. So you never know when things will change.
Its a small community so you get alot of helpful and friendly people.

Reaction score
Well The Best game i just bought it today is Guildwars its looks awesome check it out.. www.guildwars.com It cost 49.99 here in usa circuit city has it for 39.99.. Theres no montly fee is suppose to be everquest2 with no fees so check it out. for example you can dye your clothes armor everything to customize what you like. If you buy this let me know im gonna be new maybe we can help each other...

Reaction score
best free rpg game

www.conqueronline.com its a free rpg game where u can hunt duel level. their are guild wars and the max level is 130. dl takes a little while but its worth the wait if u want a little boost once u start playing join World of gems and Ruby server and whisper LazI

Reaction score
miker said:
well if i am not mestaken i think that the new game "guild wars" is a online game that isnt a monthly fee. just a simple $49.99. but i dont knwo if it has quest and stuff like i want a game like tibia where i can run around and do what i want, but good graphics like thosos games you listed and it deffinitly has to be online.
o ps cant diablo be online.

Yes Guild wars is free online play, graphics are not as good as EQ but good enough. Have heard it was good game play though, and a good deal of freedom. Yes Diablo can be plyed mulit player oline, err... well I have Diablo II (w/expansion) and It has a battle.net site where thier is constant online play.

Reaction score
the point i got the guild wars was no monthly fee. they are planning on expansions with elf and higher lvl capes its gonna be very interesting i think eq has a competitor!!!!!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
cool dude said:
all those games are rubbish try something else

You've got to be more constructive cool dude, or no-one will listen to sweeping statements ;)

Reaction score
runescape is still the best

runescape is still the best game i think try it out if u do start playing add me i can give u some moeny i guess user name is: bamper other then that if u find better one let me know.

Reaction score
CSUnited14 said:
the point i got the guild wars was no monthly fee. they are planning on expansions with elf and higher lvl capes its gonna be very interesting i think eq has a competitor!!!!!

i have guild wars. it a good game, i find. i have 3 characters. alot of freedom. the storyline is pretty good i guess. if anyone has it, add me as a friend. Ded Monk = monk/necromancer, Ded Menace = ranger/warrior, Dedmentalist One = elementalist/mesmer

Reaction score
Yeeaah!

DAMN this forum helped a ****LOAD!! :p ok anyway conquer is GOOD one, i have it. Runescape has great things like upgrating crafting skill and such but it has POOR graphics, i HAVE played. but this quild wars BLOWED THE BANK!! i have searched for game with no LVL up hurry for loooong.. graphics are GREAT, i just need to find it somewhere. ok and im gonna add another free RPG game here what is totally free.
its called MU. good graphics for totally free game, and its little bit like conquer. im also one of those who hate mothly pays so this quild war helped a lot thanks.. oh yea the MU.. www.muonline.com
see ya, i had to register here to write this though :p

Reaction score
Hey, i was wondering if u can play MU using window mode? and it seems like i cant switch into desktop mode without being disconnected. Its a good game btw, more like a cross between d2 and final fantasy. Thanks for the referral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question