A Case, A Case, My Kingdom For A Case!

Reaction score
The Problem I Have Is That My House Is Small Not Much Bigger Than A Mouse Hole..lol (And Thats Almost The Truth)... Well My Small House Has Small Rooms And In My Dinning/Computer/Relaxing Room I Have Just Got Some Furniture (Modular Office Furniture From MFI) It Fits One Side Of The Room Really Really LovleyThere Is Even A Space For A Tower PC To Slide Into...... Cool I Thought, At The Time!!!

However My Glourious Dreams Were Turned Into Instant Sounds Far To Rude To Repeat Here When I Found That My Case Was Far Too Deep To Fit Into The Space Provided...... My Case Whice I Think Is A Standard ATX Case Is.. (Out With B&Q Tape Measure)...

41cm High.... (Height Not That Important As I Can Go Up To 74cm, As Thats The Height Of The Desk)

19cm Width.... Which Is Perfect For The Gap It Has To Go Into

48cm Depth.... This is Far Too Deep For The Place Where It Has To Live!! (39 - 40 cm Depth Would Be The Max)

Im Not To Keen On The Cube Things.. ( Ohh There Cool Allright And I Do Like Them Only It Would Be Out Of Place... And I Need To Fill This Space) !!

Baisically A Tall Tower Style Thats Not Too Deep!...

Now That I Have Sent Most People To Sleep, Im Going To Spring The Question!!..
(Drum Roll) Does Anyone know Where I Can Get One??.. Da Na Na Naaaaaaa! .. Ha I Bet You Never Expected That One Comming lol :)

Well What I Really wanted To Ask Is.... Is It Possible To Search For A PC Case By Size Dimensions or Is There A PC Goddies Site Known To Anyone That Allows Such A Search??

I Was Also Thinking Of Throwing In The Towel And Buying A Whole New System (Those Flat Screens Do Look Nice) :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
A Dell dimension case is small, you could easily pick one up from eBay for under £20.

Other than that, just go to your local PC hardware store, like maplins or summut and have a browse around.

Reaction score
get a nice chieftec one from aria.co.uk and theyare about £30 and they are 1.0mm SECC steel and sharp edge free. Proper build quality and all the goodies like removable bays and fan clips.

Top stuff - are about 52cm high

Reaction score
yay! thats what I got! got it off ebuyer for £23.50 plus postage. its beautiful.... still to start adding my own touches, am still workin on my airflow paths... how anal am I? :p

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Pull the "furniture" away from the wall, the case should fit now ... or, unplug the power cable and the monitor cable that should do it ... or, make a hole in the wall, or crowbar it in, or, get a nice 7lb sledge hammer (£9.95) and use it.

... Oh, you just wan't an excuse to buy a new case, well why didn't you say that. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
please tell me where you get one of them sledgehammers for that price please - i need one to fix my nans new computer. Have tried everything to try and make it work but this!

Chris

Reaction score
The Sledge Hammer Idea Is Tempting!!...... But Alas I Fear i May Miss And Hit my Lovley New Furniture...

Ask a Question