6600GT or 6800

Reaction score
Heya

I am cancelling my order on the Gainward 6600GT card because i don't want to wait more then 3 weeks so i hence cancelling. lol

Now i can afford upto 200 pounds maybe 5 pounds over lol

What's better ? The 6600GT or the 6800 ? Is there any noticable differences ? And if you could, please show me the site so i can buy it tonight ! :p

I am looking around on overclockers.

Help would be helpful ALOT !

Thanx

Kye

Reaction score
6800!!

its slightly faster, the 6600GT is only worth it if its PCI-e and SLI compatable, otherwise if your AGP, then the 6800 ^_^

Reaction score
kk thanx m8 can you reccomend one ? The site etc ?

Cheers :) Want to buy tonight lol

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reaction score
lol thanx Flopps but something is blocking me from viewing all da links from peeps ?!

What about this one ? http://www.pcwcomponentcentre.co.uk/invt/pvt40kndf7

I don't really wanna spend that much, coz when i come to hopefully sell it on ebay, i want to make a profit and make a new one with da best parts so thats why i don't really wanna strech this budget ! :p

Hope that made sense lol cheers

Reaction score
Highly doubtful you will make a profit.

While the 6800 is faster than the 6600GT, the 6600GT *GLH* is faster than the 6800...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
All the links I posted work for me, can you not see them?

The one you listed is perfect for the price, but it's not in stock.

Funny thing that, all PC World bargains never seem to be in stock.

I don't trust PC World myself, no real reason, just a gut feeling.

Out of all the links I've posted, I'd go for the last one at £204.26 + postage.

It's a Galaxy Glacier from Tekheads.

Reaction score
Now it's working lol But would that card really be THAT better then the Gainward ?! At 15 pounds more ?!

Looks good though lol :p

Cheers m8 I going to call overclockers.co.uk and ask for STOCK !!! 3 weeks so far ! :(:(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Belloni said:
Now it's working lol But would that card really be THAT better then the Gainward ?! At 15 pounds more ?!
I don't know, tbh. Is the Gainward you ordered the 'Goes Like Hell' version?

If it is, it's probably a better buy for the money. The GLH cards already come overclocked though. The 6800 at Tekheads has an Arctic VGA cooler fitted and is not overclocked.

It's very likely you could comfortably and safely overclock it a fair bit, perhaps even up to 6800GT speeds.

Worth thinking about.

Reaction score
kk You have made me think now ! lol Damn you ! hehe

Yeah it's the GLH version :)

lol This is hard !

Reaction score
Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Ultimate 128MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (GX-038-SP)

absolutely not

Reaction score
lol i have read some stuff about Gainward, they have shut down their sit due to loads of complaints etc. Not any stock of any item of graphics card ?! One person ordered his is JULY ! I ain't waiting that long NO WAY !

:S ?!?!

Reaction score
Gainward DO have the BEST perfoming cards, whether you can get hold of one is another matter.

Try and get a date for the GLH

Reaction score
ok thanx m8 :) And the rest. I will call up overclockers.co.uk tomoz and find out if they don't have a date i wil cancel order, and also wait for reply from komplett when they have stock as they relied to me nearly straight away saying that a reply will be given in 24hours so fingers cross they have stock !!! Or the XFX it is !!! lol

Cheers ! :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
OK, it's all very well saying how great the Gainward cards are but if they're not in stock anywhere doesn't that tell you something?

What you want is a better video card NOW.

Consider other options.

Also, XFX are not the best manufacturers, although I must admit I have one of their cards, an FX5500 (or is it an FX 5600? Can't remember) in my daughter's machine and it's fine.

Seriously consider the card I recommended.

Reaction score
Heya Flops! I thought about it... and now have ordered the card you recommended lol Your right i do want a card NOW ! And i am not very patient ! lol So i have ordered the http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=603454 :) Hopefull arrive monday ! (5 in stock) :p

I am cancelling the Gainward order STRAIGHT away when i get home today lol !

Thanx for your help guys ! :p

Much appreciated

Reaction score
Btw, does the GT bit on the end make ANY difference to the card ?! Because i just saw a 6800GT provided by FLops for only 10 pounds more ?!?!

Thanx going to school now ! Speak to you later !

Ask a Question