6600GT for sale (AGP)

Reaction score
Hey all. I`m up for selling my Chaintech 6600GT. Stock speeds are 500MHz core 900MHz Memory. I`ve modded the BIOS to enable temperature monitoring if Coolbits is installed. PCB is blue and has the bigger, one-piece quieter HSF- not the original design with the separate HS for the HSI chip.

Official link
http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/product_spec.asp?MPSNo=14&PISNo=316

Comes with: Painkiller-full game, a 5 demo disk, driver and utility disk, software disk (unopened, including WinDVD 5, WinDVD creator 2, WinRip 2.1, DVD Copy 2 Lite) digital to analogue monitor converter for monitor outputs.

Because its been overclocked (gently) and i`ve modded the BIOS, the company guarantee is worthless, but it DOES work absolutely fine- I`m just after me a 6800 of some kind.

Scores 8600+ in 3DMark03 (more with overclocking) and 32xx+ in 3DMark05

Links:http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=692734 (05)
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3893509 (03)

£130 including postage.
Will maybe haggle for a few quid. Cost £150 new- my old card exploded and I needed a new GPU ASAP. Thus I got ripped off in the high street.

Kenny :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Even a lot of stuff on Ebay is about the same price. Meh... I can say no :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
As you may or may not know, I'm in the market for one of these, but I can get one for £122 inc. VAT & postage from Komplett or £146.00 inc. VAT & postage for a better one from overclockers.

I wish you luck with your sale but I don't honestly hold out much hope for you.

Sorry, but that's the way it is. Things fall in price very quickly when it comes to computer components :(

Reaction score
Well... I can more or less compete with the cheaper card- assuming you mean £122 and postage on top of that, but not the more expensive one. A better card is a better card...

If all else fails, I could always stick a pelt on what I have :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The £122.00 includes postage and packing, I did mention that above, the card is £116.00 inc. VAT.

See my thread which at the moment is listed right near this one, titled '6600GT for £116.00' or something similar.

It does appear to only have speeds of 400 & 450 though, whereas the £146.00 (all inclusive) has 500 & 500.

So, my choice is a brand new Leadtech with 2 full games for £146.00 or a used Chaintech for sixteen quid less with a changed BIOS that renders the warranty void. And I have Painkiller already.

Sorry, no choice really :(

Still, like I said, Good Luck :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I would be suprised if you got £130 considering it was only £150 new and its been overclocked.

I think you should be looking more near the £110 inc delivery mark.

Reaction score
Yeah no warranty plus used plus overclocked...

I'd buy a new one if i'm honest.

Put it on eBay is your best bet mate.

Reaction score
DAMNIT! Knee-capped by honesty again! LOL When will I learn??? Keep my mouth shut! Lol

Chrs: it might go on ebay- or, for once, I could be happy with what I`ve bought instead of looking for the next upgrade, which is a major failing of mine :(

Reaction score
E-bay it, thier is bound to be a sucker out there looking for you to take thier money. And I would not include the parts about overclocking or BIOS change, as a matter of fact I would say something like, "Almost new, my mom only used the computer to check her email once a week......"

Pawn that baby off like a used car, I high speed drill in reverse and a little saw dust in the clutch can get you another $500.00 on a used car ;)

Reaction score
"Totally unnecessary for the games I play... Worms united and Solitaire..... "hmmm. Because of what I`ve done, it leaves someone in the lurch IF the card goes pear-shaped after a few months. I`d feel guilty. I got a conscience y`see... causes nowt but trouble.

Maybe some ppl would pay more for the modded BIOS, so they can say they got a modded GPU BIOS an sound cool in front of all their friends...
I dunno.

Reaction score
Kenny said:
£130 including postage.
Will maybe haggle for a few quid. Cost £150 new- my old card exploded and I needed a new GPU ASAP. Thus I got ripped off in the high street.

Kenny :)

ill give u 50 quid for it!! :)

how about trying www.cex.com

computer exchange
i went there yesterday asked the bloke how much it would cost for a nokia 3650 phone he goes £80
okay cool

then i told him i want to sell my nokia 3650 and he gives it £38 what a rip off!
so one can buy a 3650 for 80quid but to sell it u only get 38 quid?!!!!

i then asked him about my 3510i and he told me they will buy it for a tenner!

i do think they rip ppl off, but its worth a try before proving my theory

good luck

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Your pobably looking at about the £90-95pound mark for this second hand card as its been oc'd and the bios rendered void and no warranty, you'll be lucky to get anymore than that....