6600GT for £116.00 inc. but...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
1) I've never heard of this make before

2) Core and memory speeds appear to be 400 & 450 but the 6600GT is rated at 500 and 500.

Here it is: 6600GT

I'm on the verge of buying a 6600GT, AGP version, which will probably be my last vid card upgrade before I switch, eventually, to 64 Bit/SLI.

I was going to buy the Leadtech version from overclockers, which is £147.00 inc VAT & Postage, but then this one caught my eye.

Something fishy there, I reckon, what do you all think?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've heard of Club 3D, infact I've got the business card of their Director somewhere! I've got a funny feeling they had alot to do with the old S3 chips from last year.

Its probably an OK card, definetly a budget version though. The 400 & 450 timings do seem a but strange as you say.

I did find a mention at The Register : http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22297

and a review here : http://www.meetyourmakers.com/article.php?arid=2 (PCIe version though!)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Heck, go for it ...

If you are not an ATI fanatic and want to spend around €170 for a graphic card this should be a very good solution for you. Its fast it can work in SLI and it will play your games fast enough.

If you are not an ATI fanatic ... that will do me right there. :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
No problem with Club3d cards Flopp's its just the budget version thats all certainly will boost your system from what you have at the moment.

Go for it mate save yourself a few quid and enjoy....theres nothing wrong with these cards.....fit them in machines for other people all the time and never any problems...same as any other card out there, memory and core speeds are lower than standard ATI CARDS but these cards still perform brilliantly for the price...:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks for the input chaps.

Hmm, dunno, Club 3D card will work out to around £122 with postage, Leadtech will be £146.00.

With the Leadtech I get a better make, higher clock & memory speeds and two free games (Prince Of Persia & Splinter Cell) all for another £24.00. And better cooling as well, probably.

Hard choice. Thinking.

And Mucks, as you probably know, I was a big fan of ATI cards at one time, they were whupping Nvidia just a year ago, but things have changed. Seems Nvidia have their act together, their cards are getting good reviews and all I'm really concerned about is bang for the buck.

I don't have any blind loyalty at all.

And to me, the 6600GT seems to be about the best bargain about atm.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
the 6600 GT is one of the best bang for your buck. but the X800 XL is around the same price and has the same performance as the 6800 GT, so i heard... check that card out too.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Ahh wait, nevermind... same price as 6800 GT !!
I was thinking about the X700 which isnt as great as the 6600GT

Reaction score
Get the Leadtek if its not that much more... if it's got better cooling you can probably overclock it even higher!!

P.s. sorry i haven't been around much lately... have been VERY, VERY busy!

Reaction score
Been with the girlriend literally every spare minute we have. Was with her friday, saturday, saturday night, sunday all day... ah well. college has started again so plenty of time to get on now...

Reaction score
Girlfriend? I need one of them. Me aal lonely :(

All together now.... AAAWWWWWWWW! lol

OR: SAD INDIVIDUALLLLLLLLL!!

:p

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
:D see what happens in your absents? everything falls apart!:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I say Gentlemen, I do believe you're spamming my thread, you rotters.

Kenny, I know this bird down the pub, right up your street, name of Betty Swallocks, only 16 stone and kick starts jumbo jets for a living.

Want her number? :)

Reaction score
LOL LOL aye, go on then, nothing ventured, nothing gained :p :)

Sorry for spamming ur thread, I`ll leave it alone now :)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I say Gentlemen, I do believe you're spamming my thread, you rotters.

Kenny, I know this bird down the pub, right up your street, name of Betty Swallocks, only 16 stone and kick starts jumbo jets for a living.

Want her number? :)

...Chris is rolling on floor laughing...

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Flops are you a matchmaker now?
i dont spam, i speak my mind :D no problems i will let it be.

Ask a Question