Bargain 1Gb of very good RAM, £55 inc VAT

Reaction score
CLICK HERE

GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 Value Dual Channel Kit CAS2.5 (GE1GB3200BHDC) (MY-005-GL) [size=-1]
[/size]

very good memory - i use it all the time, no problems ever - now DIRT cheap! I remember paying over a hundred for this item...

value3200_DC.jpg

sticks.jpg

^^ looks better than that in real life, nice heat spreaders and hologram

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm guessing from the pic its from overclockers? :)

Dammit you changed it! Thats a damm good buy though. :thumb:

Reaction score
had problems with that post... it randomly deleted itself.

yeah - £55 inc VAT is amazing, its VERY good memory aswell - overclocks flawlessly and looks awesome.

Reaction score
Cheaper than 90% of the generic stuff out there - and Geil are one of the best brands around

Flops wont agree... but he should try some and test it, top RAM

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Cheaper than 90% of the generic stuff out there - and Geil are one of the best brands around

Flops wont agree... but he should try some and test it, top RAM

At that price I'm tempted, tbh.

Mr Postill, I only base my opinion on reviews I've read, is all.

I've never seen a review where Geil have come out as good or better than other brands.

Still, it does look good and it can't be worse than the likes of PNY, Hinax and unbranded, which, as you say, currently cost more.

Reaction score
nice find mate!

ne idea how long itll last for!
im definetly tempted thats a great price!

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Never rated Geil, every review i've seen they come out below crucial, corsair, ocz and samsung every time. Still a bargain though ;).

Reaction score
I always use it - at CAS 2.5 its got faster timings than the similar Corsair Value Select CAS3

Never had stability issues, and at the end of the day, for £55...!!! Takes alot of crap too!

Ok so Brand X might come out top - but what is the actual difference, in terms of real world usage... a nanosecond?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Looks like a Gillette razor kit ... I'd cut my throat on that.

Who makes the chips they use. ;)

Reaction score
Geil RAM Chip manufacturers:

GEIL: geiL Website

GeiL Value PC3200 Blue HeatSpreaders (2.5-3-3-6) *(2.5-4-4-8) = Infineon 5ns, Hynix D5, D43, Winbond BH5
GeiL Golden Dragon PC4000 (2.5-4-4-7-1T) = WLCSP chip package w/ Samsung chips
GeiL Golden Dragon PC3700 (2.5-4-4-7-1T) = WLCSP chip package w/ Samsung chips
GeiL Golden Dragon PC3500 (2.5-3-3-6-1T) = WLCSP chip package w/ Samsung chips
GeiL Golden Dragon PC3200 (2-3-3-6-1T) = WLCSP chip package w/ Samsung chips
GeiL Ultra Series PC3200 (2-3-3-6-1T) = Samsung TCC5
GeiL Ultra Platinum PC4400 (3-4-4-8-1T) = Hynix D5
GeiL Ultra Platinum PC4200 (3-4-4-8-1T) = Hynix D43
GeiL Ultra Platinum PC4000 (3-4-4-8-1T) = Hynix D43
GeiL Ultra Platinum PC3500 (2.5-3-3-6-1T) = Winbond CH-5, Mosel Vitelic 5ns, Winbond
GeiL Ultra Platinum PC3200 (2-3-3-6-1T) = Winbond CH-5, Mosel Vitelic 5ns
GeiL Ultra-X PC3200 (2-2-2-5) = Samsung TCCD, Wibond BH-5\UTT
GeiL Ultra-X PC4000\PC4400 (2-2-2-5-1T) = Samsung TCCD
GeiL GeIL ONE TCCD PC3200 (1,5-2-2-5-1T) PC4800 (2,5-4-4-7-1T) = Samsung TCCD
GeiL GeIL ONE BH (W) PC3200 (1,5-2-2-5-1T) PC4000 (2-2-2-5-1T) = Samsung TCCD

Review Summaries

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]GeIL Value Dual Channel PC3200 400MHz DDR[/font][/font]

[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.3dvelocity.com[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I set the voltages at my usual 2.8V ceiling and started increasing by 5MHz increments on our trusty 2.4C/AI7 system. At 230MHz I was assuming we'd already done pretty well and would be at or close to the limit. I also thought that at 235MHz, then again at 240MHz, and 245, and 250, and 255, and 260! Yup, at 260MHz I could boot into and use Windows with no problems at all. Unfortunately anything more stressful such as 3DMark was pretty unstable and I had to throttle back to 255MHz in order to get everything running perfectly. Just a reminder, that's a 55MHz overclock on a dual channel memory system using value series memory!
Because I had no idea where the limit was I ran a few benchmarks at each setting and thought it might be interesting to look at how the memory performance scaled at these different speeds:"
[/font]
[/font]

GeIL Value Dual Channel PC3200 400MHz DDR

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.3dgameman.com[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The GeIL Value Dual Channel PC3200 400MHz DDR Memory is value with attitude. Not only is this memory fast at it’s default speed, but it's excellent at overclocking. It can reach speeds of 510MHz DDR at above spec timings, which is fantastic. If you are on a budget but want super performance then keep this memory at the very top of your list. Watch the Video to find out more..." ~3dGameMan.com[/font]
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]GeIL Value Dual Channel PC3200 400MHz DDR[/font][/font]

[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.envynews.com[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Seems the GeIL Value Dual Channel PC3200 did a fine job with keeping up with its big ‘Platinum’ brother and even did better in some situations. This is most likely due to the difference in timings. Speaking of timings, unfortunately when going with the Value RAM, you pretty much rule out CAS 2.0 timing. I just couldn’t get the blue boys to run at CAS 2.0. I’m sure you could if you underclocked the RAM and your motherboard front side bus down to 133MHz (266MHz DDR), but that defeats the purpose of getting PC3200 altogether."[/font]
[/font]

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Samsung ... fine ... but WLCSP (wafer level chip scale package) = Cheap-as-chips :D

Samsung's own branded do NOT use this level of manufacture but use TCCD (the good stuff). ;)

Still, not a bad price. :thumb:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Me thinks mucks knows too much about RAM ;), cant be healthy.

Reaction score
tbh that is awesome value. whether it is faster than crucial, corsair or anyone what matters is it is a full 1gb of dual channel memory, branded, with heat spreaders, at 2.5 CAS, for £55.

that is the definition of value.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
PotGuy said:
tbh that is awesome value. whether it is faster than crucial, corsair or anyone what matters is it is a full 1gb of dual channel memory, branded, with heat spreaders, at 2.5 CAS, for £55.

that is the definition of value.

Amen to that, for one week only!! :)

jaxx

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
been using GeIL for yonks now :)

got 4 sticks of 512 to make 2g in my current system, just watching the 1g sticks fall rapidly aswell :D

i honestly think the more expensive brands can be a little overated at times, the GeIL value ive found to be very reliable and doesnt make a murmur if you decide to give it a bit of beans

top marks from me for VFM

Reaction score
I just overclocked to 3.4GHz (stable) with GeIL value ram... Didnt even get annoyed at me abusing it so...

jaxx

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
mines slightly overclocked to just tie in with the processor, never batters an eyelid in terms of performance! :D

only thing is, like anything, it does run a little warm, and RAM always ends up in the worst position for cooling if you ask me, difficult area to ensure ample air flow. trying to find some sort of cooler out there. seen a few fan efforts but they either look naff or dont really seem to do much of a job.

was thinking maybe stick some of them RAM heatsink fins onto the GeIL casing with thermal tape to increase surface area...

seen temps as high as 50degrees when the rigs getting some abuse with the likes of the cruncher and BF2 or somthing running at the same time

but its yet to fail! so musnt grumble.

Ask a Question