Bargain 17" LCD 16ms - under £140

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Aria.co.uk have a super cheap 17" LCD, and it is supposed to be pretty good!

Search for code : MON-TFT-A-V17S

I'm tempted to get one as its only 10 mins walk!

Reaction score
and you can grab a 19" one for £237.29 inc with better contrast ratio, slower response time but it is bigger come on!

Reaction score
Hey, did anyone buy one of those 17" monitors? Im building a pc for a mate and he is keen to get an lcd monitor, but i dont wanna get him this one if its cack!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I may be building a system for a friend soon and I too, am interested in that. At the moment I've specced a 17" Black Iiyama, 15Ms response time, has DVI & analogue inputs, costs £222.00.

Do those models have DVI input?

edit: OK, just answered me own question: only analogue input and also you're meant to accept up to three dead pixels. Not such a bargain then, really.

But apart from that, purchaser feedback looks good, if we can believe it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I doubt it to be honest :(

Reaction score
That iiyama 17" looks good for £220!! Whats the catch?

Reaction score
why is it, that EVERYTIME i buy ANYTHING electrical, the price ALWAYS drops by at least £20!!!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Guys nice to know everyone has a favourite monitor for purchase consideration. They are few things that one needs to consider not just the price. Dead pixels is a problem and you all know that. Chris very unfortunately ended up with a lemon.

The monitors that are listed for consideration are looking very good on paper as far as specs are concerned but in real world situation they are not one and the same. The Response Time specs are sometimes misleading since many monitor manufacturers claim certain Response Time but they actually are slower. I came across one such report but unfortunately it was in Swedish and I cannot locate it again. This is when I was myself considering to get the Philips LCD for home which I did.

The bandwidth of LCD monitors also is important consideration, the higher the bandwith the better the monitor.

One of the best buys out there in my opinion is the one I have provided link of. The monitor is guaranteed for "Zero Defects" by the manufacturer, which is really something I have not come across anyone else offering.

Philips 17" LCD

I wish you all, who are considering to buy one, Good Luck, no matter which one you choose :)

Ask a Question