Zorin ISO

Reaction score
Oh my word. After recommendation I installed it. 9.1 x64 to be exact.

Pretty simple installation (1.5hours) hmmm

However unless you enter a nickname and a password you CANNOT continue with the installation so it seems.

Exceptionally slow. opening items is taking a minute at times
Entering menus can take longer!

Installations continually requests a above password to continue
Doing updates continually requests a above password to continue (^VERY VERY ANNOYING)

Google Chrome was taking so long I cancelled it. After 25minutes I gave up

So far my experience hasn't been such a good one. IF anyone can remedy the above problems please do let me know where I am going wrong

Oh FYI, I am running it on an Athlon x2 4200 with 1gig ram

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
TXD all Linux distros that I know of require a name and password. Password for install is one of the reasons Linux is so safe.

Reaction score
Ok thats fair enough but every single item thats being installed

I mean. It is asking for passwords constantly for the installation of one program?

Ie core program then registry entries then something else and then something else it never stopped

And the speeds I'm receiving is just ridiculous. I can't believe how slow it is

Maybe I should have started a new thread?!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
TD, you fell into one of Linux's new traps, the saying used to be ... you can install it on old hardware ... with the modern incarnations, these days, that may not be the case, you'll need a pretty good system to install the likes of Zorin.

You may want to try an alternative more geared for the older PC ... and 2gig of ram would defiantly help. :)

:user:

Reaction score
Evan it is running a lot better now with two gigs however I still find it excruciatingly slow compared to W7 running 6core, 16gig and an SSD

It was just a taster tbh I'm not really expecting it to stay on the system. I had not used it before so thought I'd better pull my finger out.
I can see the fascination. I will over the weekend be trying Windows 10 trial on same PC. Again just curiosity

:)

Ask a Question