    Thanks
    Jay

    , Mar 2, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I just setup a new secondary DNS server and one specific zone fails to
    > load/transfer from the Master. When I run nslookup from the server I
    > get the following message
    > The DNS server refused to transfer the zone corp.wrhambrecht.com to
    > your computer. If this is incorrect check the zone transfer security
    > settings for corp.domain.com
    > on the DNS server at IP address xxx.xxx.xx.xxx. The IP address is the
    > the IP address of the new secondary server. Can anyone tell me how to
    > check the Zone Transfer Security Setting?

    On the Primary zone properties sheet, Zone transfer tab.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

    Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP], Mar 2, 2006

    Everything there is already setup correctly. I'm allowing zone
    transfers only to the servers listed in the Name Server tab and the
    Seconday server has been added yet, I still can't get a zone transfer
    to work.

    , Mar 2, 2006
  4. wrote:
    > Everything there is already setup correctly. I'm allowing zone
    > transfers only to the servers listed in the Name Server tab and the
    > Seconday server has been added yet, I still can't get a zone transfer
    > to work.

    What is the IP on the NS record?
    If this is a public zone and the NS has a public IP, you will have to use
    the option Allow zone transfers only to these servers, and enter the IP of
    the secondary.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

    Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP], Mar 2, 2006