Zero-day RealPlayer ... yet again

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Sorry, but if anyone is still using this err, software, you are wide open, once again, to interference from the bad guys.

Several websites have been compromised by a zero-day vulnerability in RealPlayer. The malware is hosted or routed via uc8010.com (currently down). I suggest you all add that url to your blacklist.

The zero-day vulnerability has also been seen on ucmal.com ... a number of state government and educational sites that appear to have been compromised with the uc8010 domain, I see that some of these have already been cleaned up. However, the .gov and .edu sites are only a few of the many many sites that are turned up via google searches for the uc8010 domain.

Surprisingly, one of the compromised web sites (since cleaned up) is ca.com (Computer Associates), who make the eTrust anti-virus product. :rolleyes:

Think I'll stay clear of the BBC for week, or month, just in case ... oh wait, I don't use Realplayer, they do. :lol:

Happy browsing. :wave:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I really don't like real player, and if I have to use it I go for the "real alternative" player (I think that's what it's called).

Luckily the BBC use WM player for most things now :)

Ask a Question