YouCam Mirage - YCMMirage.exe

Reaction score
I have a YCMMirage running in the background on my PC. I Googled it because I had no idea what it does. The company that made it is Cyberlink and in their forum a similar question has this answer:
"
YCMMirage.exe is a background process which will monitor if any AP is using our virtual driver.
Once it is detected, YCMMirage will launch YouCam, and then YouCam will provide and share the webcam video to client APs"

The wording has me wondering if it takes what my webcam saves and offers it to their customers? I did not put this software on my PC and one article said if removed it can damage my registry. Has anyone heard of this software or found it on your PC? What did you do with it?

Thank you for your time, ctirish

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You can 'safely' remove that program ...

1. Click "Start" on your computer screen and click "Run."

2. Type "appwiz.cpl" and hit "Enter." This will bring you to the programs window that displays all programs and applications installed on your computer.

3. Click "Cyberlink YouCam" and click "Remove/Uninstall." Click "Yes" to confirm.

4. Click "Remove." The files will be removed from your computer and the program uninstalled.

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_5114101_remove-cyberlink-youcam.html

that is the normal way to uninstall any program, however, some people have had 'problems' with programs that have 'processes' of that program running, so found it troblesome to remove conventionally.

Here is an alternative way to remove that particular program

Ask a Question