    missing or corrupt.
    Windows/system32/config/systemd

    How do I fix this to get XP back? thanks!

    Karl K, Feb 28, 2005

  2. Karl K

    Rich Barry Guest

    Karl, normally setting up a dual boot with Win2K and WinXP, Win2K has to be
    loaded first. It looks like you installed Win2K with the first HD connected.
    You could try using WinXP Recovery Console. Using the Bootcfg /scan and
    Bootcfg /rebuild commands may get you going again. Anyway look here for
    more info on that procedure.

    "Karl K" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I put a secondary HD in my pc in which I loaded W2K, therefore, I now

    have
    > XP Pro on my first HD and W2K on the second. W2K loaded just fine and

    works
    > good, but when I reboot and choose XP, it won't load. It gets to the
    > "progress bar" screen and stops with an error message saying that a file

    is

    Rich Barry, Apr 7, 2005