    Close. nothing seems to work. anyone have any ideas.

    thanks
    dave

    coffeefilter, Sep 16, 2008

  2. coffeefilter

    Xandros Guest

    You can try this reghack. Go to Start->Run and enter REGEDIT. Then drill
    down to and delete these 2 keys

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags

    Be sure that you set a System Restore Point first and understand how to
    restore Windows, in the unlikely case that the registry becomes corrupt.

    --

    Xandros

    Xandros, Sep 16, 2008

  3. coffeefilter

    VanguardLH Guest

    Get the TweakUI powertoy for XP. Under the Explorer -> Customizations
    node. Up the value to something like 8000. I don't recall if the
    change requires a reload of Windows to make the change effective. It's
    been so long since I upped this customization count to 8000 that I don't
    remember what was the original value. This changes a registry setting
    but I like doing it through TweakUI rather than do yet another Google
    search trying to find the registry key and data item that get modified.

    "coffeefilter" wrote ...

    VanguardLH, Sep 16, 2008
  4. coffeefilter

    Milt Guest

    Is this what you're looking for?
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and go to #2, left hand side.
    "Increase Folder View Size Limit To 8000". (The instructions for using it are
    at the top of the page.)

    Milt

    Milt, Sep 16, 2008
  5. coffeefilter

    Trevfromaus

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I know these are old threads, but for you guys that have not got a solution. I've come to the conclusion that Windows Explorer is very closely linked to Internet Explorer. There may be a MS patch that allows separate settings for both in the future but until then:.......
    Open I.E. and resize the open window to the size that you would like windows explorer to open at and then close using the file close option. This should then save the windows settings that are also applied to windows explorer. Open windows explorer to verify settings.
    Simple but effective.
    Hope this works. Took a while to work this one out for me.
    Cheers
    Trevfromaus.

    Trevfromaus, Jul 15, 2012