    there someway that I can enter using safe mode or F2,3,4,or whatever to get
    in and uninstall, load a previous version or something so that I can get my
    laptop back to normal? Help Mr/Ms. Wizards!

    DoggedbyAntivirus, Feb 20, 2008

  2. DoggedbyAntivirus

    MAP Guest

    DoggedbyAntivirus wrote:
    > Recently, I installed Kaspersky Anti Virus Program on my computer.
    > Nothing in there documentation said anything about uninstalling my
    > old Anti virus which was McAfee. I looked thinking that would impede
    > the new install of another Anti Virus program. Now my computer is
    > useless. It takes at least a 1/2 hour to load everything up and I
    > cannot get on the internet or do anything on my computer. I spent
    > three hours the other night trying to reload a previous version
    > before I installed the program and could not even get to that. Is
    > there someway that I can enter using safe mode or F2,3,4,or whatever
    > to get in and uninstall, load a previous version or something so that
    > I can get my laptop back to normal? Help Mr/Ms. Wizards!

    Kaspersky is a much better anti-virus program than McCrappy so keep that
    one.
    To get into safe mode- turn your computer on and tap the f8 key several
    times while it is trying to boot this will get you into safe mode, once in
    safe mode uninstall McCrappy if you cannot uninstall it then while in safe
    mode do a system restore to a time before you installed Kaspersky.

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    MAP, Feb 20, 2008

  3. DoggedbyAntivirus

    Dave M Guest

    How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the
    McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe):
    http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=107083&lc=1033
    --
    Regards, Dave

    Dave M, Feb 20, 2008