Windows XP XP pro to W2K Limited or no connectivity problem

Reaction score
I tried to setup a network between two computers in my store. One is running W2k (older computer), one is running XP pro (newer computer). I used to have two w2k computer where the W2k computer2 can access the folder of the W2K computer1.

The hardware part is work fine by the fact that W2K computer can connection to the XP pro computer and see all the shared folders.

XP pro computer can see the W2k computer. However, by some reason, when I try to access the W2k computer, it asked for user name and password to connect to it. In addition, the XP pro local area connection icon indicate Limited or no connectivity.

Can someone help to see what do I need to do, in order for the XP computer access the shared folder of the W2k computer? My older W2k computer2 can access the folder of the W2K computer1 without prompt for any computer or password.

Steve

Reaction score
Can you please post informaion on the type of pc that you are using, router,ISP and any wireless cards that you are using so that we can look into this for you.

Thanks,

wiz

Reaction score
Just two regular desktops with standard NIC, no router, just direct ehternet cable from W2K computer to XP computer.

Reaction score
Can you please give us information on the router and what pc you are using. Have you tried restting the router to factory settings and setting it back up again??

wiz

Ask a Question