    anthony Guest

    HOW DOES ONE INSTALL 2000 PRO ONTOP OF XP HOME EDITION
    AND DO NOT HAVE A FLOPPY DRIVE TO MAKE A BOOT DISK ????

    anthony, Nov 23, 2003

  2. both of 2000 and XP dose not need boot floppy disk.
    both of them can boot from cd and you can install from cd.
    If your PC support cd boot.

    JR K Yoshikawa, Nov 23, 2003

  3. You can't upgrade XP to 2000, note. You should be able to boot from the CD
    and do a clean install.

    Also, please turn off your caps lock - it's considered "shouting" and makes
    your post hard to read :)

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Nov 23, 2003
  4. Greetings --

    There is no "rollback" to Win2K.

    If you want to replace WinXP with an earlier OS, you're certainly
    entitled to do so, as long as you've purchased a legitimate copy of
    that earlier OS. (Although I can't imagine why you'd want to.)

    To replace WinXP with an earlier OS, you'll have to boot from the
    appropriate boot disk, format the hard drive, and install. There is
    no supported downgrade path or technique.

    Simply boot from the Win2K installation CD. You'll be offered the
    opportunity to delete, create, and/or format the system partition as
    part of the installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the
    order of boot devices in the PC's BIOS to boot from the CD.)

    Bruce Chambers

    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm